Business Services & Events Specialist
Fairmount Community Development Corporation/ Website
PostedMay. 17, 2017
Description: The Business Services & Events Specialist works with the Executive Director and other stakeholders in the delivery of small business services and the execution of special events. Examples of such projects include managing Greater Art Museum Business Alliance membership records, sharing information / resources with small business constituencies, coordinating signature neighborhood events and general project management of ad-hoc priorities. This position is ideal for someone interested in small business administration, neighborhood revitalization, non-profit management, urban district management, marketing or related field.
Responsibilities: The primary objectives of the Business Services & Events Specialist is to aid in the delivery of small business services and coordination of special events by:
1. Maintaining membership records and growing membership in the Greater Art Museum Business Alliance.
2. Delivering GAMBA member benefits including organizing monthly networking events, updating online and social media content and coordinating rack card printing / distribution.
3. Organizing small businesses for promtional events such as Small Business Saturday, Corner Coupons, Dollar Days and Restaurant Week.
4. Building relationships and sharing information with the small business community.
5. Helping coordinate signature special events including Fairmount Food Fight, Fairmount Avenue Arts Crawl and
West Girard Festival.
Qualifications: It is required that the Business Services & Events Specialist:
– Have excellent communication skills;
– Work well independently and as part of a team;
– Be able to work with a diverse population of stakeholders;
– Proficiency in the use of MS Office;
– Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
Compensation: This is a part-time (12 hrs/week), hourly, non-exempt position. Hourly rate commensurate with experience.
Position offers a flexible schedule with periodic opportunities to work remotely.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter (including compensation requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org via the 'apply now' button below with “Business Services & Events Specialist” in the subject line. Resumes accepted until position is filled. No phone calls please.Apply Now Mention you found this work on Generocity! -30-