Digital Communications Coordinator
Association for Frontotemporal Degeneration/ Website
PostedJun. 26, 2017
The Association for Frontotemporal Degeneration (www.theaftd.org), based in Radnor, PA, is seeking applicants for the new position of Digital Communications Coordinator. AFTD is a globally recognized nonprofit with a staff of 16, devoted to improving quality of life for all affected by frontotemporal degeneration (FTD). Under the guidance of the Communications Manager, the Digital Communications Coordinator—known at AFTD as the Online Community Coordinator—will help AFTD to grow and refine our online presence, expand our community and deepen engagement. S/he will work with program staff and volunteers to advance AFTD’s mission. Core responsibilities include:
– Populate AFTD’s Twitter, Facebook and YouTube accounts with engaging, visually impactful, shareable content that helps to spread awareness of both FTD and AFTD.
– Ensure that AFTD’s social-media presence is up-to-date and reaching target audiences effectively.
– With AFTD’s Communications & Business Assistant, cultivate and respond to the needs of AFTD’s community on its special “closed” Facebook pages and discussion groups.
– With AFTD’s Communications & Business Assistant, ensure that AFTD’s website is refreshed daily.
– Promote and update AFTD’s Kids and Teens website.
– Execute and provide technical support for AFTD webinars.
– Track and analyze web traffic and social media metrics, and make proactive decisions about posting and resources in response.
– Monitor online media for stories relevant to AFTD’s various audiences.
– Assist the Communications Manager in maintaining AFTD’s internal communications calendar; ensure that AFTD’s various marketing and awareness campaigns stay on track and on message.
– Draft e-blasts promoting upcoming AFTD events (conferences, Meet and Greets, etc.).
– Produce The Gateway, AFTD’s bimonthly e-newsletter targeting persons diagnosed and caregivers.
– With a third-party designer, finalize publication of AFTD’s quarterly publication Partners in FTD Care.
– Other duties as assigned.
Key qualifications and characteristics
– Bachelor’s degree, with a preference for a focus on communications, marketing, or digital media.
– 3-5 years demonstrated experience in social media and online communications.
– Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills.
– Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on multiple projects.
– Proficiency in web communications and MS Office suite.
– Design savvy and experience with design and photo-editing software a plus.
– Experience with/ability to learn WordPress, Constant Contact, webinar technology (e.g. GoToWebinar), Salesforce.
– Limited travel to represent AFTD at conferences and other meetings may be required.
Please email resume with cover letter, salary requirements and 2-3 brief writing, social media, and/or design samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with “OCC” in the subject. For initial consideration, please submit your application by Friday, July 7, 2017. No calls. AFTD is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Please email resume with cover letter, salary requirements and 2-3 brief writing, social media, and/or design samples to: email@example.com with “OCC” in the subject. For initial consideration, please submit your application by Friday, July 7, 2017. No calls. AFTD is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now Mention you found this work on Generocity! -30-