Posted on August 28, 2017
Director of Development
The Coalition Against Hunger is hiring its first Development Director to work with the Executive Director in the creation and implementation of a dynamic fundraising strategy.
The Development Director will join our small, diverse and dynamic team of committed staff who work creatively and impactfully on an issue of significant importance to our community.
The Development Director is a full time member of the senior staff, and reports to the Executive Director.
Scope of Work
- Provide fund development leadership to the organization
- With the Executive Director create a robust fundraising plan with a strategy for short and long-term growth, and an emphasis on individual and corporate giving
- Conduct face-to-face solicitations
- Prepare the executive director and board members to conduct solicitations
- Work with the Executive Director and the organization’s Fund and Board Development Committees to identify and cultivate individual donors
- Develop and implement opportunities for corporate and individual donor solicitation
- Provide grant writing for the organization to include researching new funding opportunities and generating reports as needed
- Provide leadership for the organization’s annual Walk Against Hunger or other events if/as developed
- Develop gift recognition strategies
- Work closely with Communications Manager to support the agency’s overall PR/FR goals
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Five-to-seven years’ professional fund raising experience, with demonstrated success in achieving fund raising goals
- Demonstrated effectiveness in developing and implementing a comprehensive development plan
- Knowledge of the greater Philadelphia region and its philanthropic community
- Commitment to embrace the Coalition’s mission and vision
- Knowledge of Salsa and Salesforce helpful
- We are determining the salary range for this new positon, and will offer a competitive salary as well as agency-paid benefits packet
- Full time position, including occasional weekends and evenings
- The anticipated start date for this position is on or about November 1, 2017
The Coalition Against Hunger is a leading anti-hunger organization serving the greater Philadelphia region. We work to alleviate hunger in the region by providing immediate relief with our support of food pantries and soup kitchens; short-term relief helping thousands people annually to apply for benefits; and for long-term systemic change through our extensive and impactful advocacy efforts.
Apply for this job
Please send resume and related materials, by October 13, 2017. No phone calls please
Mention you found this work on Generocity!