Women's Medical Fund/ Website
PostedMay. 19, 2017
Building on the work of the current ED, the new leader will continue to drive the organization toward the achievement of its mission while ensuring the sustainability of its operations. In addition to supervising a team of four, the ED is responsible for implementing the strategic plans and policies of the board as well as for leading the fundraising, administration, and program oversight of the organization. Programming includes a Help Line staffed by volunteer counselors, a burgeoning organizing/advocacy strategy, and community partnerships to advance the mission and vision. In collaboration with a committed network of donors, healthcare providers, partner organizations, advocates, and other stakeholders, the ED will increase funding for, visibility of, and knowledge about issues related to abortion access.
• Demonstrated experience in nonprofit management/organizational leadership, with ability to influence and drive organizational evolution in keeping with mission, strategic goals, and capacity.
• Experience in developing and implementing a fundraising strategy/plan, with proven skill in soliciting funds from major donors, foundations, and other prospective supporters.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to cultivate and maintain effective relationships with diverse stakeholders, such as: donors, healthcare providers, partner organizations, local and state officials, fiscal sponsors, and communities with limited access to abortion.
• Commitment to issues of reproductive health, rights, and justice as well as a demonstrated understanding of how systemic poverty and racism intersect with reproductive oppression.
• Passion for and demonstrated ability to speak out publicly and persuasively about abortion.
• Proven excellence in building, managing, and developing high-performing teams.
• Knowledge and appreciation of the role of advocacy and grassroots organizing in achieving systems change.
• Ability to create and manage budgets, working knowledge of the principles of financial management, and ability to understand basic financial statements and metrics.
• Familiarity with nonprofit governance and ability to work well with a board of directors.
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
• Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter via the Apply Now button below.Apply Now Mention you found this work on Generocity! -30-