Immigrant Crime Victim Advocate and Community Liaison
HIAS and Council Migration Service of Philadelphia/ Website
PostedMar. 15, 2017
- Victims Compensation Assistance;
- the Criminal Justice Process;
- Victim Rights; and
- Services available to victims (including law enforcement interview advocacy/accompaniment, individual advocacy with health care providers, safety net benefit providers, landlords, employers, etc., immigration assistance, language access assistance, crisis intervention services and linguistically and culturally appropriate counseling).
- immigration assistance including collecting necessary paperwork and documentation for special visa applications and completing and filing these applications;
- individual advocacy with various stakeholders
- grant management related work.
- The candidate should have bachelor’s degree. Spanish language fluency is required. The ideal candidate will also have had prior experience working with immigrant survivors of crime. Prior experience with a public interest organization is preferred.
- Advise victims of their eligibility to file for Victim Compensation Assistance Program claims and provide appropriate referrals
- Act as a liaison between the victim and the Police Department, the District Attorney’s office or other social service agencies
- Provide support to the victim and advocate on behalf of the victim during interviews and subsequent contact with law enforcement agencies
- Assist with obtaining necessary documentation needed for special visas and other immigration relief
- Offer home visitation for victims unable to come into the office
- Provide public presentations to identify crime victims
- Participate in PCCD, diversity and other appropriate trainings
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with court, police, community groups, social service and agency employees.
- Translate written materials as needed
- Keep comprehensive statistics on all of the above services
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (strongly preferred)
- bi-lingual Spanish-English speaking skills (required)
- passion for working in a diverse community
- excellent organizational and time management skills
- ability to work independently/collaboratively
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and database management
– See more at: http://hiaspa.org/ICVAdvocate#sthash.lAl7xaAM.dpuf
How to Apply
If you are interested this position, please send a cover letter and resume via email to Veronica Cacho at email@example.com. You can send an email by clicking the apply button below.Apply Now Mention you found this work on Generocity! -30-