Posted on August 28, 2017
Mid-Atlantic Outreach Coordinator
The Common Market Mid-Atlantic, a mission-driven distributor of local foods to the Mid-Atlantic region, seeks a Customer Outreach Coordinator. Our mission is to strengthen regional farms while making the local bounty accessible to communities and the schools, universities, hospitals, restaurants, and retailers that serve them.
We are looking for an individual who is highly motivated, results-driven and passionate about sustainable food, in addition to having the professionalism and experience to succeed in a demanding role that is critical to the success of the organization. This position requires an extremely organized individual who is able to work independently with a sense of urgency and great attention to detail – someone who is flexible, collaborative, and possesses excellent communication and problem-solving skills. The Customer Outreach Coordinator will work out of our Philadelphia office and report to the Mid-Atlantic Deputy Director.
- Works closely with the Mid-Atlantic Deputy Director and the rest of the Mid-Atlantic outreach team to execute our sales strategy and achieve sales goals
- Establishes, develops and fosters quality relationships with potential customers in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware
- Take responsibility for different groups of customers, including Colleges and Universities and Restaurants
- Networks with current customers, trade groups, and institutional partners to identify new potential customers; schedules appointments and follows up with potential customers
- Educates and advises potential customers on the benefits of incorporating food from local sustainable farms as part of a food service operation
- Ensures proactive approach to maintain positive customer relations through ongoing communication, defining needs/expectations and working collaboratively with Common Market staff to find solutions to customers’ needs
- Coordinates with Common Market procurement, operations, trucking, finance, IT and communications staff to resolve customer problems and ensure high quality customer experience
- Collects data about customer preferences
- Regularly evaluates and makes suggestions about how to improve/adapt to ensure a better customer experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of sustainable agriculture and local food systems preferred
- Strong preference for someone with experience in customer outreach, sales and relationship management
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word and Excel)
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Candidate must live in Philadelphia, PA or be willing to relocate
The Common Market is a mission-driven distributor of regional farm products. We strive to strengthen small and family-owned farms while simultaneously improving food access and public health.
Apply for this job
Apply online by submitting cover letter and resume addressed to Jillian Dy, Mid-Atlantic Deputy Director.
Mention you found this work on Generocity!