Congreso de Latinos Unidos, Inc./ Website
PostedMar. 15, 2017
Congreso de Latinos Unidos, Inc. is currently seeking a Patient Navigator for the Primary Care Department within the Health Promotion and Wellness Division of Congreso.
The Patient Navigator will report to the Director of Primary Care and will be an integral part of the health care team, providing services to patients who come to the Congreso Health Center for healthcare. The Patient Navigator will meet with each patient referred by the providers in order to assess the client’s need for social services, and will work closely with the Registered Nurse Clinical Care Manager to facilitate the integration of social services into the primary health services provided by clinical staff.
The role of Patient Navigator is to re-connect clients with former or present service providers which include community mental health programming, case management services, substance abuse treatment, supportive housing, and other social service providers. Services will focus on assessment and planning, benefits and entitlements, referrals, tracking and follow-up and crisis intervention.
The Patient Navigator will have internal contacts with the entire administrative staff and external contact with clients, community resources, and the community. This position has access to sensitive Congreso information and is expected to handle such information with integrity and professionalism. This position has regular contact with members of the community and is expected to represent Congreso in a professional manner.
- Assessment of patient needs and provision of referrals for emergency shelter, food, clothing, identity documentation, legal, financial, housing, employment, education, substance abuse and mental health resources in the community.
- Identify barriers to medical care and make appropriate referrals to address these issues (i.e. d/a facility, mental health program, care outreach services, etc.).
- Assist clients in applying for public benefits, reinstatement in the managed care system, and explore entitlements such as Social Security benefits.
- Engaging and assessing patients for health insurance coverage eligibility, assisting with health insurance applications, enrollments, and health insurance system navigation.
- Interface with clients and managed care companies to facilitate plan enrollment, changes, and Primary Care Provider (PCP) switches.
- Coordination of care with specialty healthcare providers, as well as other social service agencies with whom patients interface.
- Document all services in a timely manner in Allscripts electronic health records systems and other social service reporting formats.
- Foster and maintain partnerships with social service agencies in order to provide services responsive to patient population psychosocial needs.
- Participate in training to become Certified Application Counselor for the Health Insurance Marketplace; conduct outreach presentations to educate public on health coverage options and assist consumers with application and enrollment.
- A minimum of one year case management experience is required.
- Conversational in English and Spanish is required.
Minimum Educational Requirements
- Associate’s Degree required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work and/or related field from an accredited college is preferred.