Congreso de Latinos Unidos, Inc./ Website
PostedMar. 14, 2017
Congreso de Latinos Unidos, Inc. is currently seeking a Payroll Administrator for the Fiscal Department within the Administrative Division of Congreso. The Payroll Administrator, under the daily direction of the VP of Finance and in support of the CFO, is responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and processing of bi-weekly payroll for over 200 employees; reviewing and verifying the correctness of approved timesheets; tracking and deducting all garnishments and other special payroll deductions. This position, in tandem with the HR department, is also responsible for the coordination, maintenance and proper information flow of employee data (new hires, terminations, leave of absences, change of status, change of position etc…).
Other duties include supporting the VP of Finance with other related tasks, which may involve preparation of various forms and reports, providing administrative support, internal audits, analysis for monthly close, or performing other required activities.
This position has access to sensitive Congreso financial information and is expected to handle such information with integrity and professionalism. This position has regular contact with employees and members of the community and is expected to represent Congreso in a professional manner.
- Manages process of gathering employee timesheets, verifying that all records of time worked have been properly reviewed and authorized, communicating discrepancies to managers and accurately inputting all timesheets into the payroll system.
- Responsible for updating employee profiles in the payroll system with the correct payroll related information (state and local taxes, direct deposit, 403(b) elections, garnishments, etc.).
- Maintains timesheets and records of employee payroll.
- Performs payroll data entry and validation using Congreso’s payroll system, which is currently ADP.
- Computes payroll based upon timesheet information, utilizing information provided by the Human Resources department, which includes current salary information, flexible spending account deduction amounts, tax deductions, health care deductions and contributions, 403(b) deductions and contributions, insurance premiums, garnishments or other, similar information.
- Assists Accounts Payable with any required payroll withholding amounts and reports.
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of W-2 statements and/ or other end-of-year or end-of-period reports.
- Works closely with Human Resources staff to ensure proper employee payroll processing.
- Creates and revises payroll related reports as necessary.
- Reviews all data entered into the ADP and Preview system to ensure accuracy.
- Responsible for reviewing and updating the Payroll Manual.
- Responsible for bi-weekly distribution of payroll checks.
- Responsible for creating standard fiscal reports and other reports to ensure that taxes and other payroll deductions were completed accordingly and by the agency standards and labor laws.
- Answer any written or telephone inquiries from employees or external customers within 24-48 hours.
- 3+ years of experience performing all payroll functions. ADP experience required. Experience with ADP WorkForce Now and payroll in a multi-location business preferred; Three years additional payroll experience in lieu of Associate’s degree.
- Associate Degree in Business Administration/Finance required, Accounting Degree preferred.