Technically Media Operations Coordinator
Technically Media/ Website
PostedJun. 28, 2017
You are passionate about being part of a young and growing company. You have various professional goals and interests. You have interests in business, human resources, finance, company culture, social media and marketing: it’s all about systems, how the pieces of a team come together. You want to experience a lot to find what you most love.
You strive to build community, and you have a knack for getting things done fast and effectively. You are organized and methodical and constantly looking for ways to exceed expectations. You operate proactively and solve problems with creative solutions. You love building relationships with people and believe that more can be accomplished through collaboration within a community. You want to foster a happy place to get great work done. You ask people how their weekend was and actually care. People want to spend time with you. You’re quick, friendly and humble.
Sound like you?
We are looking for someone with 2 to 3 years of experience in administrative support. This is a role that could grow in a variety of ways with Technically Media, an online publishing company best known for its network of local technology news network called Technical.ly and social impact site Generocity.org.
You will be part of our Operations Team, but you must encourage interaction across all our teams, and additionally serve various tactical positions. It is a mix of company culture building and team messaging with a concentration on finance and administrative work. This is a role that can grow in various ways with this team depending on your own interests, like HR, finance, marketing or project management.
This is a full-time salaried role that is expected to start between $35,000 to $40,000 and will include support for health insurance, which includes vision and dental benefits. We offer 15 days of Paid Time Off to begin, plus 9 holidays, available flex time, a flexible and fun work environment, a monthly IT stipend and access to a company 401(k) plan. You will report to our Operations Director and be able to lead a small internal “Culture Committee” of interested teammates.
- Assist in financial operations including; bookkeeping and data entry, monthly reconciliations of bank and credit card statements, A/P management with audits against department budgets as well as A/R deposits using QuickBooks.
- Assist in HR functions including; supporting on-boarding new team members, PTO reviews and documentation management.
- Manage office administrative support functions including; voice mail distribution, filing, bank deposits, postal needs, scheduling, travel arrangements, all-team meals and maintenance of office supplies.
- Manage our internal internship program including; documentation of process, posting intern descriptions, managing candidates and helping on-board new interns.
- Assist in cross departmental support initiatives to help promote efficiency and best practice which may include special projects.
- Lead day to day office operations to create an exceptional experience for employees and guests. This could range from welcoming office guests to setting up a surprise for a team-member’s birthday to pre-event preparation to organizing a new team-building exercise over our company Slack channel.
- Lead and support internal communication to encourage, develop and share team culture, like Slack, our Tumblr and social sharing on Twitter, Instagram and elsewhere.
- Supporting team building efforts, events and exercises.
- Previous office or project management experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks required, Hubspot appreciated.
- Strong math skills, Excel or Google Sheets experience required.
- Comfort with social media tools like Twitter, Instagram, Slack and the like.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, strong presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Upbeat, friendly and professional.
- Excellent time management skills and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting a team in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to schedule across multiple calendars and manage contacts.
- Ability to work on a team and independently.
- Extremely reliable and an impeccable attention to detail.
- Desire to assist others and learn additional skills.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume, cover letter and 2-3 references to Technically Media Operations Director Kristy Humes at email@example.comApply Now Mention you found this work on Generocity! -30-