(Photo by Mo Manklang)
One week ’til you, yes YOU, could meet the future employer of your dreams.
High stakes, but INTER/VIEW is serious business. Generocity’s annual jobs and engagement fair returns next Tuesday, May 23, and we just registered a bunch of companies and nonprofits looking for new teammates who care about mission.
As a reminder:
- WHO — At least 15 hiring organizations and 100 opportunity seekers
- WHEN — Tuesday, May 23, from 5 to 7:30 p.m.
- WHERE — Great Hall at Neighborhood House, 20 N. American St.
- WHY — You’re looking to hire or be hired but hate the stuffiness of traditional jobs fairs
- HOW MUCH — Free to attend
Plus, consulting firm Throw Like a Woman will be on hand to review résumés, human services org Resources for Human Development (RHD) is supporting the free headshot station and Foodee is providing snacks.
In addition to the organizations we listed a few weeks ago — Message Agency, GoodCompany Ventures, the City of Philadelphia Office of Innovation and Technology, Bethesda Project, Ralston Center, Dignity Housing and Coded by Kids — another eight have signed on in their search for new teammates.
Here’s who we’ve added.
Looking for employees:
- RHD FaSST/Connections — FaSST stands for Family Shelter Support Team, so the opportunities available will require some behavioral health care chops.
- SPIN Inc. — This nonprofit serves those with intellectual and developmental disabilities and is based in the Northeast.
- Congreso de Latinos Unidos — The health services organization (which has a new CEO and board chair) aims to “strengthen Latino communities” in Philly.
- String Theory Schools — The STEAM-focused charter schools have four campuses around Center City.
- Azavea — Every summer, the mapping firm takes on a handful of nonprofit projects pro bono. Nice!
- Think Company — This design firm is passionate about civic hacking and improving communication between the tech and social services sectors.
- Philabundance — Only Philadelphia’s biggest hunger relief nonprofit. It also serves Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery counties in Pennsylvania, plus Camden, Gloucester, Salem and Western Burlington counties in Jersey.
Looking for volunteers:
From our Partners
- Philadelphia FIGHT — The LGBTQ community health organization is gearing up for AIDS Education Month. (Also, check out this live interview we did with them about their growth over the past 27 years.)
- Episcopal Community Services — The Old City-based social services agency offers programs related to housing, youth, wellness and workforce development, including its reentry-focused RISE Initiative.
- Delaware River City Corporation — DRCC supports the North Delaware Greenway, an in-development part of the Delaware riverfront.
Is your organization hiring or looking for volunteers and interested in hosting a table? There’s a super simple registration page for you, too, via that big ol’ button above. Send any sales Qs to Editorial Director Chris Wink, firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Psst, be sure to vote for your fave workplaces and projects up for our v cool, v important INTER/VIEW Shoutouts by Wednesday at noon.)