Assistant Program Officer-Economic Development
Welcomes returning citizens
The Philadelphia office of Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) seeks to fill the position of Assistant Program Officer-Economic Development, reporting to the Program Officer for Economic Development.
LISC Philadelphia seeks an individual with a commitment to economic inclusion and community economic development. This position will advance all aspects of LISC Philadelphia’s equitable economic development strategies including commercial corridor revitalization and other place-based economic development; community organization capacity building; and small business support through LISC’s business development organization network. This position will effectively collaborate with Philadelphia and National LISC staff and will work closely with local community organizations and other organizational partners. The APO will coordinate with other programmatic teams, including affordable housing, equitable neighborhood development and lending, to advance equitable economic development strategies in our place-based work. This position will provide administrative and organization support to the economic development program, including communications and resource development activities.
- Work with the economic development team to design and implement solutions to community/economic development issues utilizing LISC’s suite of programs, financing products and other tools.
- Work with other staff in developing strategic collaborations with and among community-based organizations, anchor institutions, and other corporate, civic and public sector organizations to leverage LISC’s capabilities.
- Develop strong and respectful working relationships with community-based partner organizations, business development organizations, and grantees. Maintain an in-depth knowledge of their organizational conditions, programs, and projects.
- Strengthen community-based organizations and business development organizations’ capacities.
- Help plan, coordinate, and facilitate meetings, trainings, and workshops.
- Work across teams on place-based initiatives, including resident engagement.
- Assist in preparing and managing program budgets, in consultation with the Executive Director and staff.
- Coordinate grants/contracts between LISC and community-based organizations or consultants through the lifecycle of the contract.
- Assist the Resource Development team in identifying funding opportunities and preparing proposals, applications, reports, presentations, and tours.
- Assist the Communications team in identifying and sharing LISC’s work and the work of community partners.
- Assume responsibility for special projects and other assignments, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required; graduate level education is a plus.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in community/economic development or related field. Program or project management experience in or with community-based organizations is preferred.
- Keen interest in and commitment to the community development mission of LISC.
- Demonstrable commitment to racial equity practices, desire to apply those to economic inclusion work, and interest in continued education.
- Solution-oriented individual who is able to successfully balance multiple priorities and time-bound projects/programs.
- Team-player skilled at collaboratively designing and implementing solutions.
- Experience facilitating meetings, including via video teleconferencing.
- Proficient in data analysis.
- Working knowledge of the economic, political, and social environments of Philadelphia, especially lower-income neighborhoods, and community development organizations.
- Attention to detail and deadlines, especially in the areas of contracts management and reporting.
LISC offers a competitive salary and excellent fringe benefits.
What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
- Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
- Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
- Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
- Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
- Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 40 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $20 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 36 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco. Visit us at www.lisc.org
Apply for this job
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Assistant Program Officer – Economic Development” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, AND JUSTICE
Mention you found this work on Generocity!