This position brings together skills and responsibilities related to development and communications. The Associate, Development and Communications, supports investor development and communications efforts for Reinvestment Fund. The incumbent supports fundraising, investor relations, investor development strategy and communications. The position has 3 main areas of work:
- Help develop and implement a tactical approach to building Reinvestment Fund’s promissory note network in existing and new geographies.
- Build and maintain healthy relationships with potential investors who are already in the impact investing field or who are looking to get started.
- Identify opportunities to activate Reinvestment Fund to contribute to the advancement of the broader impact investing field and to increase the visibility of investment opportunities with Reinvestment Fund.
- Communicate fluently the full breadth of Reinvestment Fund’s work and its impact to potential and existing impact investors.
- Work closely with Reinvestment Fund’s fundraising team to develop winning federal and philanthropic proposals, including research, writing and editing as assigned.
- Develop and maintain a library of success stories to be used for fundraising proposals and marketing.
Investor Processes and Relationship Management
- Serve as first point of contact for investors/prospective investors and work to ensure that the inquiry is addressed in a professional/timely manner.
- Serve as internal partner to the Treasury team to support processing of new investments, renewals and other related requests.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting key investment metrics related to promissory note investments.
- Responsible for populating, updating, and maintaining all quantitative and qualitative information across various third-party databases such as Guidestar, etc.
- Collaborate with staff to manage information requests that may result from formal (internal and external) meetings with investors/potential investors or that may occur in an ad hoc manner on any given day. Included may be reports, research, or other materials to meet their needs and further deepen the relationship.
- Assist in developing marketing collateral, press releases, success stories, social media postings and other documents for which appropriate messaging is critical.
- Maintain and update investor-facing components of Reinvestment Fund’s website.
- On occasion, attend program events to take high-quality photos, shoot video on phone, support event-related needs, and gather stories of success about the organization’s stakeholders—borrowers, investors, clients, and staff.
- Support the planning and execution of conference attendance, meetings and other investor events.
- Support staff across the organization, responding to program needs for print collateral, as well as revising current and producing new marketing material.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements below are representative of the minimum range of knowledge, skill level, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline required
- At least three years of related experience and a proven track record in fundraising and investor engagement
- Excellent written and verbal communications skill
- Proficient in clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive writing
- Ability to use research and data to support compelling funding proposals
- Strong project management skills and experience working in deadline-driven environments
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Organizational skills, including attention to detail
- Team player but able to work on an individual basis
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to take direction and learn from others
- Ensures that work completed has the highest levels of completeness, accuracy of information, and relevance of information to the fundraising process.
- Ability to exercise good professional judgment and ethical behavior in handling confidential material with sensitivity and discretion
- Familiarity with NLS and Salesforce is desirable
- High energy level, self-starter, strong sense of initiative, creative problem solver, flexibility, and sense of humor
Expectations for all employees
Supports Reinvestment Fund’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following competencies: Commitment to Reinvestment Fund, ethical behavior/integrity, and respect for coworkers, Reinvestment Fund boards and committees, investors and borrowers, and clients.
Compensation and Benefits
Reinvestment Fund offers a competitive salary based on experience and skills, including participation in the Company’s performance plan as well as an excellent benefits package including employer-paid health, disability and life insurance, 401(k) savings plan with employer match, flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care, and transportation), tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and EAP program. As part of its professional development program, the company pays for CPE credits and time off to attend classes as required by its professional staff.
Reinvestment Fund is a catalyst for change in low-income communities. We integrate data, policy and strategic investments to improve the quality of life in neighborhoods across the country. We finance schools, affordable housing, grocery stores and health centers in underserved communities helping families lead healthier, more productive lives.
Reinvestment Fund brings together individual investors, banks, government, insurance companies, private foundations and faith-based and community organizations to invest in projects that transform communities. As a federally-certified community development financial institution (“CDFI”), we manage $1.2 billion in capital that originates from over 880 investors. We have deployed over $2.2 billion into community revitalizing and job-creating projects and enterprises over our 34-year history. The company maintains a AA- issuer rating from S&P, as well as the highest ratings from an industry independent rating agency (AAA, four star with a Policy Plus from AERIS).