Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence
Position: Coordinator, Donor Stewardship
Location: Philadelphia, PA (currently remote, work-from-home)
Employment Status: Non-exempt
Reporting to: Manager, Data Analytics & Compliance
Effective Date: 10.13.2021
JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING AGENCY THAT SEEKS TO ENSURE THAT ALL YOUTH ACHIEVE THEIR FULL POTENTIAL. Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence (BBBSI) is the largest BBBS agency in the state and fourth largest in the nation. Our mission is to ignite the power and promise of youth and close the mentoring gap, by creating and supporting one-to-one mentoring relationships and strengthening the quality of the mentoring field.
Reporting to the Manager, Data Analytics & Compliance, the Coordinator of Donor Stewardship supports all stewardship and prospect engagement work related to BBBSI’s donors. They are responsible for planning, reviewing, completing, reporting on, and contributing to a portfolio of donor and prospect relations projects and reports to ensure the continued success and growth of the BBBSI’s fundraising efforts. In all relevant areas, the coordinator will be expected to act proactively and critically, analyze, evaluate, and work collaboratively with the Manger to find innovative ways to improve processes and procedures, documenting modifications as needed.
Candidates with a strong connection to the community that BBBSI serves and the Southeastern Pennsylvania/ Southern New Jersey area are given preferential consideration. Occasional night and weekend work may be required, along with occasional travel to offices in Southeastern PA and NJ.
1. Document and manage the acknowledgement process. Standardize and maintain all pledge/letter templates and implement consistently. Customize communications and actions for major donors as appropriate.
2. Advance the mission and vision of the Agency, ensuring integration through donor campaigns and events.
1. Assist Manager, Data Analytics & Compliance with gift entry as needed, along with corresponding acknowledgement.
2. Monitor, track, and reconcile acknowledgment output, maintaining current and complete records in the donor database. Coordinate with other teams to ensure acknowledgment information is entered into the database and otherwise catalogued in a timely fashion.
3. Deliver metrics reports and other stewardship & donor prospect reporting aligned with senior leadership needs.
1. Develop stewardship strategy, tactical plan, and metrics.
2. Perform a broad range of stewardship functions related to major funders and high net worth individuals including stewardship correspondence (including CEO & VP of Advancement) and impact reporting to donors to build and sustain positive relationships between BBBSI and its major funders, in collaboration with the Advancement Team
3. Develop and maintain innovative ways to ensure that the stewardship module of the donor database is updated and maintained accurately with donor/program beneficiary information and engagement plans
4. Plan and implement Stewardship events in conjunction with Manager of Special Events (or eliminate this altogether. Execute customized special projects such as seasonal stewardship videos, photo books, and specialized gifts for major funders. Evaluate engagement opportunities for lower-level donors (e.g., newsletters, event invitations, surveys, polls)
5. Develop and produce Donor Background/Bios including history, context of relationship, and other desktop research on donor prospects, including donor potential, wealth screening and giving capacity.
1. Establish a donor recognition plan and standards for the agency and monitor compliance
2. Ensure donors are recognized in appropriate ways (e.g., end of year letter, agency impact report/website, other)
3. Assist in the timely creation and delivery of stewardship proposals and reporting for funders (major and principal donors, corporations)
Academic: Bachelor’s degree or 2 – 4 years’ experience
Professional: Minimum of 2 years as an advancement professional, Human Services environment, preferred. The successful candidate will be a dynamic team player, exercising high standards around donor data and information confidentiality. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and donor CRM packages required (Salesforce preferred). Must have daily and dependable access to a car, valid driver’s license, and meet State-required automobile insurance minimums.
Must demonstrate leadership, dedication, and an interpersonal savvy that helps establish effective relationships and an appropriate rapport with people; have attentive and active listening skills; take a sales/marketing approach to interaction with volunteers; are results/outcome oriented; are approachable, organized; and demonstrate sound judgment in a leadership capacity. Our best employees 1) set the bar high 2) are intentional and thoughtful about their choices 3) collaborate as a means to community solutions 4) are positive, can-do, and solution-oriented 5) embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion, and 6) are accountable and get it done.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing work in an office environment and include the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: the ability to work independently; remain sedentary for extended periods of time (6+ hours per day); lift 10-15lbs; push, pull, bend kneel, as needed for normal operations. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If interested, please apply with cover letter and resume.
Note: only those applicants believed to be viable candidates for this opportunity will be contacted. No phone calls or 3rd party solicitation please.
BBBSI promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. BBBSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.
** This position is currently remote. However, the agency is in Phase 1 of return to work on a voluntary basis. As we see changes in our partner requirements that will ensure safety for their staff, students, and communities served, the agency is required to request proof of vaccination for those roles. In the event the agency decides to require vaccinations for all staff and transition back to in office operations, staff will be given a minimum of two (2) weeks advance notice.**
Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region is a donor-supported organization that enriches, encourages and empowers children to reach their highest potential through safe, one-to-one mentoring relationships.
Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region’s mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever.
By partnering with parents/guardians, volunteers and others in the community we are accountable for each child in our program achieving:
o Higher aspirations, greater confidence, and better relationships
o Avoidance of risky behaviors
o Educational success
Our vision is that all children achieve success in life!
National research has shown that positive relationships between Littles and their Bigs have a direct and measurable impact on children’s lives. By participating in our programs, Little Brothers and Sisters are:
o More confident in their schoolwork performance
o Able to get along better with their families
o 46% less likely to begin using illegal drugs
o 27% less likely to begin using alcohol
o 52% less likely to skip school
New jobs. Your inbox. Every week. Get it.