Welcomes returning citizens
We are currently seeking a Coordinator of the Middle Market Action Team. This position will advance the work of the Chamber and its Councils designed to amplify the region’s competitive advantages, engage CEO’s and Chamber members to advocate, market, retain and grow companies and jobs, and accelerate economic growth. The position is also a bridge between business units within the Chamber to identify, connect and integrate initiatives; support member recruitment, retention and engagement; and produce economic growth outcomes for the region.
Primary Position Purpose
The Coordinator, Middle Market Action Team (MMAT) acts as the lead coordinator and point of contact for this group of Chamber members organized to implement targeted initiatives, identify and optimize regional assets and improve connectivity for sustaining long-term success for Greater Philadelphia’s middle market companies. Greater Philadelphia’s middle market businesses, which range from $10 million to $1 billion in annual revenue, have a significant economic impact on our regional economy and through MMAT the Chamber is working to accelerate their development to become a top U.S. region for middle market growth. The Coordinator, Middle Market Action Team Reports to the Vice President of Leadership Engagement and Executive Director of the CEO Council for Growth.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Act as lead coordinator and point of contact for the Middle Market Action Team (MMAT) including but not limited to:
a. Meeting coordination: developing content/agendas for meetings, drafting meeting notes, sending meeting notifications and tracking attendance, supporting and briefing volunteer leaders for their meeting participation;
b. Marketing and Communications: drafting quarterly update communications, identifying and sharing content with the marketing team for social media, website and Chamber News;
c. Action Team Management: Reinforcing MMAT member engagement and retention, database management, maintaining frequent communications to MMAT members, co-owning revenue for MMAT related events including ticket sales, sponsorship etc.;
2. Coordinate the execution of all Working Group meetings, 3 Steering Committee meetings, two full action team gatherings and continually develop opportunities for involvement and engagement for MMAT members;
3. Manage various ongoing projects associated with the work of the action team and its goals;
4. Run high-level internal cross-functional team and external groups of stakeholders participating in MMAT with a focus on middle market product and service development ideas for the Chamber and others as appropriate;
5. Support integration of middle market and growth-oriented small business themes into Chamber programs, working with Programs & Events and Member Engagement colleagues;
6. Become familiar with middle market companies, their unique needs and other support organizations in the middle market space;
7. Manage consultant and external partners relationships as needed, such as National Center for the Middle Market relationship and others as they arise;
8. Manage and track interactions with Chamber members, elected and appointed officials, MMAT participants, and local partner organizations through IMP, the Chamber’s contact management system;
9. Collaborate with other local and regional organizations working to improve Greater Philadelphia;
10. Draft letters and other correspondence as needed;
11. Collaborate with the Chamber and its Councils to support projects that achieve the organization’s mission; and
12. Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
Job Specifications & Requirements
1. A minimum of three to five years of experience in local or regional economic development, association management, member relations, trade associations or related field (Previous non-profit experience a plus);
2. An undergraduate degree or higher;
3. Experience interacting with C-level leaders and building relationships within the business community;
4. Previous experience in developing and executing strategic process to enhance the mid-market and entrepreneurial ecosystem is a plus;
5. Proven ability to organize and facilitate constructive idea generation among multiple groups;
6. Ability to work through different views to arrive at clear outcome and consensus;
7. Demonstrated organizational skills and success managing and prioritizing multiple priorities, projects, and deadlines in a team environment, with flexibility to adjust to changing priorities;
8. Ability to create, strengthen, and leverage network of relevant relationships;
9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills for presentations and promotion;
10. Self-motivated, high work ethic; approaches work with a sense of purpose and urgency;
11. Experience planning and executing meetings or events;
12. PC skills and proficiency with database management systems and Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point;
13. Knowledge of the Greater Philadelphia region; and
14. A collaborative spirit.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands
The Coordinator, Middle Market Action Team works in a typical office environment. On a standard workday, the majority of time is spent sitting at a desk, using the computer and interacting with colleagues in internal meetings. However, on a regular basis, this role will be required to attend Chamber events or related outside meetings. These meetings/events may take place outside of regular business hours and outside of center city Philadelphia.
The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia (The Chamber) brings area businesses and civic leaders together to promote growth and create opportunity in our region. Our members represent eleven counties, three states, and roughly 600,000 employees from thousands of member companies and organizations. By bringing all kinds of businesses and leaders to the table — the new, the established, the big, the small, the growing, the thriving, the perennial, the innovative, and the experimental — we build community and find commonalities among us all.
We advocate for regional development, business-friendly public policies, and economic prosperity. We support our members with practical, inspiring programs, resources, and events. And all that we do serves one clear, bold goal: to make Greater Philadelphia a great place for good business.
The Chamber offers its employees a dynamic, fast-paced environment with competitive salaries and excellent benefits package. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and the names/contact info of three professional references to upload with the application. Applications that fail to fulfill this requirement will not be accepted.Mention you found this work on Generocity!
Sign-up for regular updates from Generocity