Posted on October 9, 2019
Director of Marketing & Development
Communications / Marketing
COME BUILD HOPE WITH US!
The Director of Marketing & Development is a Full Time role located in Philadelphia, PA (Center City). Full Time staff are eligible for all of our exciting benefits, including health insurance and over five weeks of paid time off!
The Director of Marketing & Development is responsible for setting the vision and strategy for MHP’s marketing, communications and development efforts and for leading the day-to-day functions of this department. Reporting to the President and Chief Executive Officer, and serving as a member of the Executive Management Team, the Director of Marketing & Development has primary responsibility to secure funding from private philanthropic sources and to grow community engagement and awareness of all of MHP’s programs and services. The position requires a high performing development and communications professional capable of managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, high-growth, collaborative organization. The Director of Marketing & Development must also have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and must be able to work effectively across organizational and functional boundaries.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Together with organizational and board leadership, create and implement a comprehensive fundraising, communications and marketing plan that builds upon MHP’s goals and successes.
- Supervise, mentor, and manage department staff and interns.
- Serve on internal and external boards, task forces and committees, as needed.
- Develop departmental metrics, which measure advancement towards fundraising and communications goals as outlined in the annual budget and strategic plans.
- Ensure that the department maintains standard operating procedures.
- Create the department budgets and assume responsibility for their administration. Play a key role in development and stewardship of MHP’s organizational budget and multiple cost centers.
- Source and manage the use of external vendors and contractors when required.
- Develop and implement a strategic marketing and communications plan that seamlessly integrates development, marketing and program messaging to increase MHP’s visibility to external audiences; reach new and diverse audiences; grow MHP’s effectiveness and influence; and enhance understanding of and financial support for the organization’s work. This plan includes strategies for public relations, media relations, on-line giving, digital communications, key messaging, storytelling and brand experience.
- Manage all aspects of marketing and communications, including branding, advertising, special events, collateral materials, direct mail, email, sponsorship and partner development, etc. Responsible for all written communications and distribution across multiple platforms such as the web, social media, print and digital publications, and other public relations and marketing vehicles.
- Lead and oversee the organization’s website development (design and content), online and social media initiatives; monitor analytics and usage; all aspects of public relations, including media relations and community relations.
- Plan and execute media campaigns and advertising buys. Ensure consistency of key messages and brand identity.
- Train all key stakeholders on MHP’s brand guidelines and key messaging.
- Monitor marketing trends and content relevant to MHP’s mission, and translate information into compelling, actionable and effective strategies and stories.
- Partner with the Executive Management Team to develop and implement an internal communications strategy across multiple channels.
- Work with staff across the organization to integrate communications, branding and programs into fundraising strategies and activities, as appropriate.
- Set the vision and strategy to realize and exceed the annual development goals through individual gifts, foundation, corporation, and government grants, and events.
- Work in partnership with the President and Chief Executive Officer to cultivate and steward donors, providing an exceptional donor and board member experience that enhances giving, attracts new supporters to MHP’s mission, and regularly engages donors in MHP’s work and growth.
- Drive the identification of new major gift donors (individual, corporate and foundation) as well as build strong relationships to bring them on board as regular, new funders to MHP.
- Develop and monitor grants calendar to ensure that deadlines are met; Research appropriate grant opportunities; Prepare letters of inquiry, grant proposals and other funding requests. Write stewardship reports and ensure funders’ requirements are met.
- Organize and oversee all fundraising, cultivation, and stewardship events for donors, prospects and partners, including the Bell of Hope.
- Manage CRM database, data entry, and list management to leverage opportunity to align constituent interest with program and development priorities.
- Report to the Board of Directors quarterly on progress toward annual fundraising goals; Serve as staff liaison to the board Development Committee.
- Stay abreast of trends and best practices in database management, corporate and foundation relations and other related topics to help strategically position efforts and activities.
- Work hand-in-hand with the Director of Government Relations and his/her/their team to align MHP’s programmatic priorities and revenue generation efforts to enable MHP to make an impact.
- Develop a culture of philanthropy through the mentorship and training of staff, volunteers and Board of Directors.
- Plan and implement annual workplace fundraising campaigns.
- Work with the President and Chief Executive Officer to plan, organize, and implement new revenue streams. This includes but is not limited to digital giving platforms, endowment campaigns, fundraising events and affinity group programs.
- Interact (internally and externally) with a wide range of constituents in private, public and nonprofit sectors at local, state & national levels.
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with volunteers, community and business leaders, and other stakeholders.
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree is required, and a Master’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a senior management role in some combination of the following areas: holding progressively responsible positions in fundraising, marketing and communications for nonprofit, corporate, and/or agency organizations.
- Supervisory experience leading strong teams and managing staff, consultants, and contractors.
- Excellent written, public speaking, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to balance strong day-to-day management needs with visionary thinking.
- Dynamic self-starter who is open-minded, creative and able to make connections with a diverse and passionate group of stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills, including financial oversight and planning capability, and ability to troubleshoot, multitask and manage several projects at once.
- Proven success at developing and implementing digital marketing and social media strategies to enhance visibility, engagement and loyalty.
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly donor relations, grant writing and event planning and marketing.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense, and good listening.
- Must embrace and have a passion for the mission of MHP.
- Good understanding of the Philadelphia area as well as regional and national markets.
- Strong technical, computer and software skills; experience with donor databases is a requirement.
Mental Health Partnerships (MHP) seeks to empower individuals with mental health challenges to live full and satisfying lives, based on their specific needs and choices, all while remaining connected to their families, friendships and communities.
MHP offers over 40 services throughout the Greater Philadelphia region and beyond, including Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania, and select locations in the states of Delaware and New Jersey.
Apply for this job Mention you found this work on Generocity!