The Communications Manager will coordinate and implement digital and traditional internal and external communications for a dynamic, growing non-profit. The Communications Manager will be tasked with amplifying the brand of the Economy League of Greater Philadelphia (ELGP) by expanding the public presence of its core programs and advancing a unified brand identity for the organization. The person in this position will develop, manage, and execute multichannel digital communications activities and will support staff with content creation.
The Economy League is a 112-year-old “think-and-do” tank supported by the business and civic communities in greater Philadelphia. It is a dynamic organization focused on promoting inclusive prosperity for our region.
- Develop, manage, and implement communication strategies for ELGP channels to increase public awareness of ELGP’s core programs including the Greater Philadelphia Leadership Exchange (GPLEX), Impact Labs, Philadelphia Anchors for Growth & Equity (PAGE), and Policy Hub.
- Work with consultant, staff, external partners, and volunteer ELGP leaders to develop the organization’s strategic communications plan and manager the implementation of the plan.
- Collaborate with appropriate program staff on initiatives to create visual and verbal consistency in content across social media, email, and all communications channels.
- Work with individual staff members to help develop individual thought leadership and identity within the overall Economy League brand.
- Support program leads on event planning and management
- Manage the growth and diversification of the Economy League’s various audiences.
- Hire and manage interns.
- Provide staff training and support as needed.
- Develop and monitor success metrics (KPIs)
- Develop and manage organization-wide and program-specific social media activities
- Support staff in producing content for ELGP’s social media
- Identify opportunities to increase social media reach for both programs and staff
- Develop and analyze regular social media reports based on current objectives, key performance indicators, audience demographics and user journeys to identify trends and inform future content and channel strategies.
- Grow and diversify audiences for ELGP social media content
- Create and manage ELGP’s email marketing calendar
- Work with appropriate team members to determine content for ELGP’s email marketing campaigns, including email newsletters as well as publication updates and special editions.
- Ensure consistency is maintained in focus, visuals and voice between email marketing campaigns and social media campaigns.
- Grow and diversify the composition of ELGP email lists and work to increase engagement.
- Monitor existing content and create new content as needed for ELGP’s website, in collaboration with appropriate staff.
- Ensure website content remains up-to-date. Prioritize and assess placement of web content and strategically reposition as new publications, events and initiatives are added.
- Generate regular activity reports on the overall performance of the ELGP website as well as special projects, campaigns and publications/reports.
- Support Economy League relationships with local, regional, and national media outlets; work with leadership and consultants to craft and pitch stories to media about ELGP programs and initiatives
- Edit branded staff content and help program staff create and meet content schedules
- Create reporting metrics to better understand the impact of ELGP’s earned media efforts
- Build relationships across the region and nationally that help amplify ELGP’s thought leadership and brand identity. This will include identifying and pursuing opportunities to book Economy League staff as contributing writers, speakers, panelists, etc.
These are the essential functions of the position. Other duties may be assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience in similar communications roles.
- Experience collaborating across programs/departments.
- Experience in communications strategy, planning, and execution.
- Experience managing teams including interns, staff, and volunteers
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strict attention to detail and grammar.
- Ability to operate cross functionally and manage competing perspectives diplomatically.
- Strong understanding of current digital communications and marketing trends, strategies, and best practices.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams. Adobe Creative Suite, Zoom, and website content management systems (CMS) required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience creating professional content and cultivating engagement on social media platforms
- Knowledge of paid social advertising strategy, execution, and measurement.
- Experience with email marketing software, familiarity with MailChimp is a plus.
- Basic competence in graphic design, photo editing, and video editing required.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Competitive salary, commensurate with skills and experience, as well as a full suite of benefits.
The Economy League is a 112-year-old “think-and-do” tank supported by the business and civic communities in Greater Philadelphia. The Economy League believes that cultivating informed and collaborative leadership across sectors, using data and research to inform decision-making, fostering a culture of civic experimentation and innovation, and opening doors to civic participation are key to achieving inclusive growth and prosperity in Greater Philadelphia.