Posted on November 9, 2019
1800 JFK Blvd., Suite 1900A, Philadelphia, PA 19103
The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, have a demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment, and be comfortable working both collaboratively and independently. This position reports to the Director of Finance and Operations and provides office-wide support as detailed below.
Key Responsibilities Include:
General Office Support
- Serve as receptionist for visitors
- Maintain and order office supplies
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail via USPS, UPS, FedEx, and courier
- Provide support for office events, including ordering refreshments, setup, and cleanup; maintain RSVP lists; prepare materials for distribution
- Prepare and maintain various office forms and update routine office notices
- Share responsibility for breakroom maintenance
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Finance and HR Support
- Work with Director of Finance and Operations and ELC’s accountant to maintain accurate records of checks, deposits, and petty cash
- Prepare invoices as needed
- Assist with onboarding paperwork for new employees and termination paperwork upon separation
- Provide administrative support to Director of Finance and Operations, as assigned.
- Maintain Donor Perfect database
- Generate fundraising reports upon request
- Work with Executive Director to generate thank you notes to donors
- Help execute mailings such as holiday appeal, spring appeal, event invitations
- Support annual event preparation, execution, and follow-up
- Prepare, maintain, and archive materials for Board of Directors meetings
- Support Executive Director in development activities, as assigned
- Register staff for seminars
- Arrange travel for staff
- Order refreshments for offsite meetings, events
- Assist with reimbursement forms
- Provide administrative support to legal staff, as assigned
At least five years working in a similar administrative support position preferred. MS Office skills, including MS Word and MS Excel, database management, excellent organizational skills, and positive outlook required.
The Education Law Center-PA is a statewide nonprofit legal advocacy organization that has played a leading role on key issues of educational equity and civil rights since 1975. The mission of the Education Law Center is to ensure that all children in Pennsylvania have access to a quality public education.
Apply for this job
To apply, please submit a letter of interest and a resume by email to email@example.com with “Administrative Assistant Applicant” in the subject line. Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Mention you found this work on Generocity!