The Business of Doing Good: Teacher/Coach for Boston, Philadelphia or New York City
The role of the Teacher/Coach is to be the Program Lead and Teacher. You will present and teach daily activities for a day-camp style program as well as our workshops. You shall fully support the mission of our program and possess the ability to engage and inspire kids, parents, and the community as you present our blended-curriculum. We are looking for an entrepreneurial, kind, and dynamic individual who has teaching experience. You will be working with a Lead Teacher and Founder.
- Maintain professional demeanor and support mission of The Business of Doing Good
- Make connections with schools, parents, and community members to build our program
- Work with teachers and counsellors on our guest attendee nomination program to ensure that as many interested kids are able to attend
- Maintain great communication with students, parents, local heroes, and business partners
- Assist and create marketing and promotional efforts to increase attendance
- Maintain records and data as directed by program directors – attendance, etc
- Other duties as needed
Opportunity to expand to school year workshop program.
- Teach at our local programs, working with a lead teacher and/or the Founder
- Responsible for the day-to-day work and management of the program and the safety and welfare of the kids, during on-site and off-site activities
- Create and manage a caring, supportive, purposeful, and stimulating environment
- Organize and manage groups or individual students ensuring differentiation of learning needs, reflecting all abilities
- Assign assistant teachers and interns to appropriate roles throughout the day
- Lead lesson delivery, presentation, and classroom management
- Maintain teacher’s professional duties and legal liabilities
- Encourage and develop curiosity, exploration, and problem-solving skills among students
- Be flexible regarding changes in curriculum, guest heroes etc.
- Fluent with social media and technology, including Skype
- Any or all sessions in our mini-course in Charlestown on Tuesday evenings in March, April and May
- 5 Day Boot Camps 8:30 – 3:30
- August 6 – August 10, WeWork, South Station
- August 13 – August 17, Cathedral HS, SouthEnd
- 5 Day Boot Camp 8:30 – 3: 30
- June 25 – June 29, Agnes Irwin Summer Program
- August 13 – August 17, Saxbys Corporate HQ, Rittenhouse
- 5 Day Bootcamp 8:30 – 4:30
- July 30 – August 3, Knewton, 100 Fifth Avenue
The Business of Doing Good is a 501c3 non-profit social entrepreneur program for students 10-15 years old. We teach kids to change the world!