Posted on January 8, 2018
Entrepreneur Coach/Teacher for Middle School Kids
The Business of Doing Good: Teacher/Coach for Philadelphia or New York City
The Business of Doing Good is a social entrepreneur program for students 10-15 years old. We teach kids to change the world!
The role of the Teacher/Coach is to be the Program Lead and Teacher. You will present and teach daily activities for a day-camp style program as well as our workshops. You shall fully support the mission of our program and possess the ability to engage and inspire kids, parents, and the community as you present our blended-curriculum. We are looking for an entrepreneurial, kind, and dynamic individual who has teaching experience. You will be working with a Lead Teacher and Founder.
- Maintain professional demeanor and support mission of The Business of Doing Good
- Make connections with schools, parents, and community members to build our program
- Work with teachers and counselors on our guest attendee nomination program to ensure that as many interested kids are able to attend
- Maintain great communication with students, parents, local heroes, and business partners
- Assist and create marketing and promotional efforts to increase attendance
- Maintain records and data as directed by program directors – attendance, etc
- Other duties as needed
- Teach at our local programs, working with a lead teacher and/or the Founder
- Responsible for the day-to-day work and management of the program and the safety and welfare of the kids, during on-site and off-site activities
- Create and manage a caring, supportive, purposeful, and stimulating environment
- Organize and manage groups or individual students ensuring differentiation of learning needs, reflecting all abilities
- Assign assistant teachers and interns to appropriate roles throughout the day
- Lead lesson delivery, presentation, and classroom management
- Maintain teacher’s professional duties and legal liabilities
- Encourage and develop curiosity, exploration, and problem-solving skills among students
- Be flexible regarding changes in curriculum, guest heroes etc.
- Fluent with social media and technology, including Skype
- 5 Day Boot Camp 8:30 – 3: 30
- June 25 – June 29, Agnes Irwin Summer Program, Main Line
- August 13 – August 17, Saxbys Corporate HQ Rittenhouse
- 5 Day Bootcamp 8:30 – 3:30
- July 30 – August 3, Knewton, 100 Fifth Avenue
The Business of Doing Good is a social entrepreneur day program for kids and teens
Our goal is to help children find their passion and to instill the determination and skills to achieve their goals.
Our program is highly individualized to meet kid’s interests and skill set. We provide the exposure and tools, and every participant chooses their own topic to focus on.
We provide a dynamic and engaging curriculum that will leave kids inspired to change the world.
We also teach kids how to create, present, and launch their unique social entrepreneurial endeavor.
Our program is held at existing youth camps throughout the United States. We are excited to have launched our program in 2015 in Philadelphia and Boston and expanding to NYC in 2018.
Apply for this job
Please send your resume and tell us why you are interested.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or Michelle at 650-245-9218
Mention you found this work on Generocity!