Posted on September 26, 2018
IT User Experience Specialist
This person would liaison between the IT team and users, create new concepts and suggestions for improvements, troubleshoot existing inadequacies and problem areas to find answers and ways to knock down road blocks. Technical tools should be easy, intuitive and utilized. We are looking for a team player who will lead change and create initiatives for better deployment of our IT tools to increase organization efficiency, and communication. This person would also assist with project management and support useful documentation/training to support implementation outcomes. Particular emphasis on Intranet services, business continuity / disaster recovery, Microsoft Office, remote access, and communication methods. We need a passionate person with strong technical skills who enjoys working with all levels of users
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Science, or Equivalent experience.
- 2 to 5 years implementing or managing web sites or intranets.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and project coordination skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy
- Highly experienced with Office applications, including word-processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
- High level of comfort with social software and other web-based technologies
- Strong Microsoft Office usage/knowledge.
- Experience teaching/ training adults. Ability to communicate with/ train a wide variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize, prioritize, and execute tasks while maintaining required deadlines
- Social Work, Human Services, or other non-profit experience highly desirable.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to work well with and to support multiple members of a team.
- Excellent critical thinking and social skills.
- Ability to critically evaluate and assure data quality in reports.
Responsible for day-to-day operation and management of the Organization Intranet. This person is responsible for maintaining the visual design, site navigation and site content. They are also responsible for coordinating key stakeholders, engaging and training users, and monitoring the health of the underlying technology.
- Maintain a sound site navigation (information architecture)
- Manage the homepage to maintain a proper balance of content and tools
- Oversee authoring and proper use of online channels for official company news
- Lead projects to improve sections of the intranet or deliver new tools through the intranet
- Monitor user-generated content for appropriateness
- Monitor site analytics and report on key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Ensure proper coordination between the IT Department and intranet software vendors
- Liaise with the IT Department and software vendors on technical questions of implementation and upgrades
- Manage common administrative tasks in the intranet software, or liaise with IT staff around those tasks
- Work closely with key stakeholders to understand their needs and involve them in planning and problem solving (including Communications, IT, HR, Risk and Legal, as well as executives and administrative staff)
- Coordinate the efforts of central content owners
- Communicate actively with all main stakeholder and user groups
- Support intranet group owners in maintaining active communities
- Provide introductions and training to users of all different levels (including average users, content owners, news authors, group owners)
- Assume ownership and management of the overall business recovery process
- Perform an agency-wide Business Impact Assessment (BIA)
- Ensure maintenance of the plans through annual review and team leader updates as changes take place. A periodic and comprehensive assessment to ascertain the program effectiveness is required (semi-annually)
- Develop and give overview presentations internally and provide training to ensure continued awareness
- Conduct planned tests
- Provide reports to management
- Other duties as assigned
IT Project Management:
- Define the scope, and objectives for the project in collaboration with IT Team
- Participate in talks to secure outside consultants/vendors if needed
- Regularly review project schedule and progress with senior management to determine effective timeline
- Ensure the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
Apply for this job
We offer a competitive salary and a great working atmosphere. For consideration, submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Episcopal Community Services, Attention: EHD, 225 S. 3rd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106; FAX 215.351.0294; e-mail email@example.com.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=73640e4f-dec2-4d18-8281-c8719c1bf116&ccId=19000101_000001&type=JS&lang=en_US
EOE Mention you found this work on Generocity!