Fairmount CDC seeks a dynamic, driven leader with a successful track record in managing large programs or non-profit organizations to fill the role of Executive Director. The appropriate candidate will have the desire and ability to set and communicate vision and goals for the next stage of growth for the Fairmount CDC. The Executive Director must be able to pursue, develop and manage a number of strategic external relationships ranging from neighboring communities, residents, elected officials, local business owners, real estate developers, and funders; have excellent management skills and a demonstrated ability to identify and secure new funding.
The Executive Director is responsible for all daily operations of the Fairmount CDC and the implementation of the organization’s Strategic Plan and our neighborhood plans. This includes leading our various programmatic initiatives, identifying and securing new funding, managing external relationships, and administrative duties as necessary. In addition, the Executive Director is responsible for communicating to the Board and working closely with them to harness their leadership and expertise to move the Fairmount CDC’s Strategic Plan forward. The Executive Director manages 1 part-time staff, 3-4 interns a semester, and 3 independent contractors (communications, accounting, and IT/website), and volunteers for ad hoc projects throughout the year.
Fairmount CDC is a community-supported nonprofit organization that fosters the improvement of the residential, commercial and social fabric of the Fairmount neighborhood. Fairmount CDC was created in 1999, and is guided by the Fairmount Neighborhood Plan, the Brewerytown Neighborhood Plan, and the organization’s Strategic Plan. The organization strives to accomplish its mission by employing three interrelated neighborhood improvement strategies: (1) Fostering a Vibrant Local Economy; (2) Eliminating Blight and Beautifying the Physical Environment; and (3) Engaging Residents to Build Community & Improving Quality of Life.
The neighborhood is bounded by Fairmount Avenue to the south, Corinthian to the east, Fairmount Park to the west & Girard Avenue on the north. Fairmount CDC considers both sides of boundary streets, & seeks collaboration with neighboring CDCs and community organizations on projects close to shared boundaries.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
- Oversee all programmatic and administrative activities of Fairmount CDC
- Be the public face of the Fairmount CDC at neighborhood meetings, interactions with local businesses, communications with other neighborhoods, and with residents
- Develop the annual budget and annual priorities for the organization
- Create value and grow the membership of the Greater Art Museum Business Alliance (GAMBA)
- Identify, facilitate, and advocate for the redevelopment of vacant, blighted property within the neighborhood.
- Lead the organization’s fundraising efforts including:
- Organizing the Food Fight, Fairmount Arts Crawl, Brewerytown Spring Festival, and other events
- Identifying and securing funding sources to support projects such as street and sidewalk cleaning; real estate development projects; shared parking solutions for residents; beautification projects; and marketing/communications of events, programs and the neighborhood as a whole.
- Manage numerous external relations with other neighborhood groups, specifically the Fairmount Civic Association, and key stakeholders both within Fairmount and adjacent to Fairmount.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with all elected officials.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting to all funding and governmental entities.
- Communicate and staff the board of directors including preparing necessary materials for board meetings, annual planning and budget preparation, and communicating with the board about status — specifically with reporting to the board on progress toward our priorities.
- Create appropriate PR and marketing materials with assistance from other staff and board members.
- Support the development of an Advisory Committee of former board members and other influential individuals who can support and further the Fairmount CDC’s mission.
- Undertake daily operations of the Fairmount CDC office, working with board officers as necessary to manage accounts payable/receivable, necessary insurances, etc.
|EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- 3-5 years experience managing community-based programming; preference given to individuals who have directed major projects or smaller nonprofit organizations
- Demonstrated ability to identify and secure new funding
- Demonstrated ability to set goals, track progress, and develop 1-3 year work plans
- Strong organizational management skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage strategic external relationships with a variety of entities from residents to elected officials
- Familiarity of community and economic development
- Familiarity of real estate development
- Belief in and dedication to open and transparent community processes
- Experience managing staff
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Patience and tenacity
- Good oral and written communication skills; graphic design skills desired
- Ability to use basic computer programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social media platforms and Adobe Creative Suite (strongly desired).
- Desire to work as part of a team
- Belief in the mission of the Fairmount CDC
- Bachelor’s degree, master’s preferred
The mission of Fairmount CDC is to foster the improvement of the residential, commercial, and social fabric of the Fairmount neighborhood, while preserving its character and diversity.
Apply for this job
Send cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com with subject “Fairmount CDC Executive Director”. Please include salary requirements. No phone calls, please.
Mention you found this work on Generocity!