External Relations Coordinator
Welcomes returning citizens
OVERVIEW OF POSITION: The External Relations Coordinator will support Rebuilding Together Philadelphia’s (RTP) mission by helping to implement the organization’s overall communications strategy and engagement activities. This position will also provide administrative support for the Executive Director and Development Director as needed.
ESSENTIAL AREAS of RESPONSIBILITY
- Engage RTP partners including volunteers and community organizations
- Maintain and update website, social networking presence (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn), as well as Guidestar and Charity Navigator
- Provide courteous and informed interactions with volunteer, homeowner and donor inquiries
- Maintain electronic distribution list and distribute monthly eNews, updates and all public communications
- Conduct volunteer and homeowner surveys
- Assist the Development Director in grant application and report preparation as needed
- Write monthly e-news with input from RTP colleagues for content
- Maintain fund development records and data
- Communicate with sponsors and donors as needed
- Oversee production and content management for Annual Report
MARKETING AND EVENTS
- Maintain and implement a comprehensive marketing calendar
- Provide coordination on all aspects of event planning and outreach, with input from the Board’s event committee when appropriate
- Produce effective marketing campaigns for RTP initiatives and events
- Manage Fundraising event (Run to Rebuild) and Volunteer Appreciation party
- Lead hospitality support (registration, meal planning and volunteer support) during rebuilding days
- Keep inventory of letterhead, envelopes, business cards, brochures and flyers
- Maintain office and event inventory and interface with vendors
- Provide administrative assistance for Executive Director and Board members as needed
- Maintain and update volunteer and fundraising database
- Arrange logistics for and attend Board meetings; compile and distribute minutes and related materials
- Passion for RTP’s mission. Knowledge of housing programs and/or health and human services is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proactive approach and willingness to learn new skills
- Proficiency with MS Office and familiarity with websites and social media
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
ABOUT REBUILDING TOGETHER PHILADELPHIA: Founded in 1998, Rebuilding Together Philadelphia (RTP) is a nonprofit organization that transforms the lives of low-income Philadelphians by improving the safety and health of their homes and revitalizing our communities. RTP provides free critical home repairs, aging-in-place modifications, and workforce training. Every year, RTP repairs 100 homes with 1,200 volunteers through our Block Build program, which repairs 20 to 30 homes in three targeted neighborhoods, and through our Vo-Tech in the House program, where Philadelphia public vocational school students make repairs for elderly homeowners.
Revenues: $1.3 million
For more information, please visit www.rebuildingphilly.org.
Apply for this job
Send a resume and cover letter by Friday, July 20 to email@example.com with the subject line: RTP External Relations Coordinator. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please. Rebuilding Together Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. Mention you found this work on Generocity!