Posted on December 19, 2018
Working under the direction of the Controller, and in collaboration with the Finance staff, the Accounting Supervisor provides supervision and analysis of all phases of the general ledger, accounts payable module, and financial reporting in a networked computerized system with extensive departmental and project detail.
The Accounting Supervisor is required to handle complex, high-volume, non-repetitive transactions to exacting high standards. In addition, he/she is expected to understand all areas of departmental responsibility and to be prepared to perform duties outside the primary area of responsibility when necessary.
- Perform monthly and year-end closing procedures.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and supporting schedules.
- Assist Controller with analysis, examination, preparation and distribution of monthly financial statements, supporting schedules and detail.
- Maintain general ledger including reconciliation of income statement and balance sheet accounts.
- Assist co-workers in journal entry preparation and coding.
- Assist Controller with preparation for the annual audit and responds to auditors’ requests for documentation.
- Process bi-weekly payroll
- Unitize investment accounts monthly
- Maintain and update the Pennsylvania Cultural database.
- Review and reconcile gifts recorded in the G/L against Development’s numbers.
- Reconcile online gifts and credit card gifts with the bank statement.
- Review and post cash receipt entries.
- Review, analyze and post accounts payable batches, perform the bank upload process and assist Accounts Payable Coordinator as appropriate.
- Review, analyze and post accounts payable batches and assist RML’s accountant as appropriate
- Provide analytical support to CFO and Controller on special projects.
- *** Other duties as assigned/deemed necessary. ***
- A Bachelor degree in Accounting, from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four or more years of accounting experience.
- At least 2 years supervisory experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office software is required; general knowledge of computerized accounting systems preferred.
- Experience in not-for-profit environment preferred.
- Excellent communication (verbally and in writing) and interpersonal skills required.
- Attention to detail, accuracy in calculations and documentation, computer keyboarding and 10-key calculator operation, and neat work habits are required.
This position has a full benefit package: health, dental, life, and disability insurances; flex benefits and retirement plan; generous leave time allowance
The mission of the Free Library of Philadelphia is to advance literacy, guide learning, and inspire curiosity. Its vision is to build an enlightened community devoted to lifelong learning.
Apply for this job
To Apply: Please e-mail cover letter and resume with “Accounting Supervisor” in the subject to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mention you found this work on Generocity!