Responsible for daily operation of the accounting/finance function with specific sub-processes defined below for The Free Library of Philadelphia Foundation and the Rosenbach.
- Supervises and reviews accounts receivable, budget, accounts payable, payroll, general ledger and account analysis and reconciliation processes.
- Performs financial reporting process.
- Accountable to Chief Financial Officer for the timeliness, accuracy, and reliability of the financial activities of the Accounting/Finance Function.
- Manages the annual audit of the Foundation with external auditors.
- Reviews regular reporting and consolidated cash management of temporary and restricted funds and Endowment accounting.
- Interfaces with Information Technology Department for system questions and problems.
- Interfaces with City Accounting.
- Interfaces with other Departments within the foundation and the library as needed.
- Supervises Accounting staff on an ongoing basis and evaluating staff on a semi-annual basis.
- Development and training of Accounting staff members.
- Development and implementation of Accounting policies and procedures.
- Chart of accounts maintenance and associated reporting specifications.
- Ensures that financial data is recorded appropriately for funder reporting.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Degree in Accounting, CPA/MBA preferred
- Five years of experience as Accounting Manager/Controller or commensurate experience
- Experience in not-for-profit industry
- Knowledge and experience with automated reporting tools for database financial software.(Knowledge of Solomon Software is desirable)
This position has a full benefit package: health, dental, life, and disability insurances; flex benefits and retirement plan; generous leave time allowance