The Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia (SBN) is seeking a Manager of Government Relations to lead the implementation and evaluation of SBN’s advocacy and government relations activities at the local and state level.
Our ideal candidate is a mature self-starter, with a proven passion for and experience with advancing equitable and climate resilient local economies; a track record of moving established priority issues forward while remaining adaptable; proven capabilities in cultivating and maintaining strong, long-term relationships with City and State decision-makers; an aptitude for recognizing opportunities and translating ideas into action; and a demonstrated record of taking a cooperative and collaborative approach to their work.
Our ideal candidate also has a propensity for data and research; has a knack for synthesizing information
to identify themes and focus on the essence of an issue; communicates effectively in a variety of forums
with diverse stakeholders in government and the business community; and has strong writing skills.
Under the leadership of the Executive Director, and in close collaboration and cooperation with other
SBN staff, the Government Relations Manager will be responsible for the following, and other related
duties as needed:
• Lead the implementation and evaluation of SBN’s advocacy and government relations-related
• Build and maintain positive relationships with elected and non-elected decision-makers in the
city and state
• Engage members and other stakeholders on issues that impact the growth of a just, green,
and thriving economy in the region
• Facilitate dialogue between members and decision-makers via SBN’s Business Roundtables
and other forums
• Represent SBN on relevant external committees, advisory groups, and the like
• Track relevant research and reports, model ordinances, public policy, and local and state
budgets; synthesize to identify trends and potential opportunities and challenges
• Prepare written materials that help advance SBN’s agenda
• Maintain compliance with all applicable lobbying and ethics laws
• Maintain department budget
• Demonstrated commitment to SBN’s values and mission
• Experience working with the business community preferred
• Degree in Political Science or other relevant field
• 7-9 years relevant experience preferred
• Ability to be flexible with morning and evening hours as needed
• Ability to attend off-site functions
• Familiarity with Neon or similar CRM preferred
This is a full-time position. SBN offers a competitive benefits package with medical, vision, and dental
coverage options, as well as generous paid time off. Salary is in the mid-upper $50s and commensurate
About the Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia
The Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia (SBN) is building a just, green, and thriving economy in the region. We inspire, challenge, and support the local independent business community to be change agents in the movement towards social equity and climate resilience. SBN members are independent businesses based in Greater Philadelphia that practice – and measure success by – the triple bottom line of people, planet, and profitability. Since our founding in 2001, SBN has remained the region’s leading membership and advocacy organization serving the local triple bottom line business community.
• We connect members with each other, as well as decision-makers, to exchange learnings and best practices, bond over commonalities, and share ideas for how policies and processes could better advance social equity, climate resilience, and local businesses.
• We promote our members within and outside of our network, as well as the strengths of a local economy and triple bottom line practices.
• SBN advocates with and on behalf of our members throughout the year to ensure that socially and environmentally responsible businesses are fully supported to start, grow, and thrive.
SBN offers a variety of programming to our members and the broader local business community throughout the year that facilitates honest and supportive discussions among peers and provides important opportunities for civic dialogue.
To apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and relevant writing sample as a single .pdf to email@example.com, with the subject line “SBN Government Relations Manager: Last name, First name” EOE: SBN is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. SBN is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of color, and all gender identities and sexual orientations to apply for this and all open positions.Mention you found this work on Generocity!
New jobs. Your inbox. Every week. Get it.