Grounds For Sculpture is seeking a full time Senior Visitor Assistant to join our team. The Senior Visitor Assistant reports directly to the Manager of Guest Services and is responsible for daily Guest Services operational tasks, assisting visitors and providing excellent customer service, working on administrative tasks, training new Guest Service staff and assisting with events held at GFS.
GFS seeks to be inclusive, reflective, and responsive to the dynamic world we live in. Grounds For Sculpture, Inc. adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcome all visitors into Grounds For Sculpture, assist with crowd control, and answer all visitor questions with the highest level of customer service at the desks and around the park.
- Collect payment for entry and process membership with accuracy.
- Familiar with all aspects of Altru, (point of sale) directly related to Guest Services.
- Support the Museum Shop by assisting with and producing sales by providing exemplary customer service, possessing and sharing knowledge of product lines and the sculpture park, and providing merchandise guidance and recommendations to guests.
- Greets buses / groups and assist with parking & traffic control.
- Attend all docent, exhibition, and staff trainings and maintain knowledge of current material and exhibitions.
- Assist with training new Visitor Assistants and act as a mentor to new staff.
- Assist with morning set up and evening closing tasks as assigned.
- Maintain all service areas and ensure they are well kept.
- Safely operate golf carts, trams, and ADA vehicles.
- Administrative tasks include but are not limited to, answering Visitor Service phones, responding to inquiry emails, brochure inventory, and scheduling ADA cart options.
- Complete park and building checklists regularly.
- Assist with day of event details and tasks.
- Serve as an ambassador for Grounds For Sculpture to help foster a culture of inclusion for all members, donors, volunteers, and guests.
- All other duties as assigned
- High school diploma
- 2 or more years work related experience in a related field
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends and be flexible with schedule; willing to work in various temperatures
- Demonstrate respect and inclusiveness to all employees, embracing differences
- Proven exceptional customer service skills, organization and attention to detail
- Must be a motivated self-starter who can work independently with minimal guidance
- Spanish fluency encouraged
- Basic computer knowledge
- Comfortable with public speaking
Grounds For Sculpture (GFS) is a 42-acre not-for-profit sculpture park, arboretum, and museum, founded by the late artist and philanthropist Seward Johnson. Featuring nearly 300 contemporary sculptures by renowned and emerging artists in a beckoning landscape, Grounds For Sculpture combines art and nature to surprise, inspire, and engage all visitors in the artist’s act of invention. In addition to its permanent collection, Grounds For Sculpture offers rotating special exhibitions in its six indoor galleries, rich educational programs, and dynamic family events. Located in Hamilton, New Jersey, Grounds For Sculpture.