Part-time Assistant/Community and National Initiatives
Application deadline: August 30, 2019
Knight Foundation works in 26 communities in the United States. Philadelphia is one of them. As a national foundation with deep local roots, Knight works locally and then shares successful ideas across communities when and where it makes sense. We are seeking a part-time assistant (25 hours per week) to help drive that work in Philadelphia. As part of the community and national initiatives team, you’ll work closely with our director/Philadelphia.
- Administering and organizing the Philadelphia office, including light phone duty, mail, supplies and liaising with Miami headquarters.
- Scheduling and coordinating the director’s calendar and meetings.
- Coordinating events (e.g. venue, catering, logistics, A/V) and providing occasional on-site support for small in-office meetings and larger community meetings and information sessions.
- Working closely with the director on the Philadelphia office budget and submitting all Philadelphia and director expenses to Miami headquarters.
- Making travel and other reservations for the director.
- Updating database information in the foundation’s grants management, contacts and budget systems.
- Crafting correspondence related to queries, proposals, grants, rejections, payments and other matters.
- Organizing, preparing and disseminating documents.
Things we look for in a successful candidate:
- Previous experience as an assistant.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Organizational, time management and project management skills.
- A quick study who successfully learns and uses a variety of office operating systems and platforms.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Knight Foundation is a national foundation with strong local roots. We invest in journalism, in the arts, and in the success of cities where brothers John S. and James L. Knight once published newspapers. Our goal is to foster informed and engaged communities, which we believe are essential for a healthy democracy.
Our approach is inclusive and non-partisan; we value freedoms of speech and the press, and we often embrace new and innovative technology to achieve our goals. The qualities we look for are openness to new ideas; courage to push for change; and the expertise and tenacity to achieve the desired results. Tell us what excites you about this opportunity and why you are right for it.
Apply for this job
Local candidates only. Send your resume to: email@example.com For more on Knight Foundation, visit kf.org Knight Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Mention you found this work on Generocity!