Posted on February 5, 2018
Mid-Level Application Developer
DataArts – Philadelphia, PA
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Application Developer will:
- Develop, commit, test, and deploy the organization’s web-based application coded in PHP and MySQL;
- Adhere to and enforce version control system processes;
- Assist with application deployment strategy in dev, staging, and production;
- Utilize relevant trends and industry best practices in order to reduce maintenance burdens, ensure quality service and product, increase efficiency, and maintain a secure environment;
- Collaborate with all development team members (Business Analyst, Data Administrator, Graphic Designer, Front-end Developer, etc.) and stakeholders (both internal and external) to understand business requirements and contribute creative ideas and enhancements to the platform;
- Assist with project plan time estimates and ensure development milestones are met.
- BS/MS in computer science, engineering, or related subject or equivalent work experience;
- 3+ years’ experience and solid expertise in PHP, MySQL, and version control systems (Git);
- Demonstrable knowledge of frameworks currently in use at the organization (AngularJS, Laravel, Bootstrap), Linux, Apache, CSS, HTML;
- Experience building and/or working heavily with REST APIs;
- Passion for best design and coding practices and desire to develop creative, bold ideas;
- Proven history working on long-term, full SDLC projects, particularly using Agile (SCRUM) methodologies;
- Enthusiasm in the organization’s mission and for bettering and growing the arts & culture sector in the best way we can as a nonprofit;
- Ability to produce clear, well-written documents for a range of audiences;
- Excellent ability to set priorities, manage multiple competing projects on deadline, and organize time.
DataArts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
DataArts (formerly the Cultural Data Project) is a national nonprofit organization whose mission is to empower the nonprofit arts and cultural sector with high-quality data and resources in order to strengthen its vitality, performance, and public impact. We accomplish this mission by equipping the arts and cultural sector with technology and resources to collect, learn from, and use data more effectively. DataArts strengthens planning and management by offering the Cultural Data Profile (CDP) and a powerful online data management platform that makes standardized information on the financial, operational, and programmatic activities of their own and other cultural nonprofits available. DataArts is a Philadelphia-based independent 501(c)(3) corporation, with an annual operating budget of approximately $4million and 30 staff members. It is an entrepreneurial enterprise with growing earned revenue streams that is supported by more than 100 public and private grantmakers and used by 20,000 cultural nonprofits. .
Apply for this job
Please forward cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Reference: “Full-time Application Developer” in the subject line.
Mention you found this work on Generocity!