Philadelphia Youth Network (PYN) has an immediate opening for a full-time Assistant Controller will assists the controller in directing the organization’s accounting functions including invoicing, payables, payroll and reporting activities.
The Assistant Controller will be responsible for timely billing, collections of revenue and/or payments processing by collecting and/or overseeing the collection of revenue and the clearing of delinquent accounts in accordance with an organization’s policy, applicable laws and regulations and sound business practice. researching new accounting requirements/information, organizing/summarizing data, and managing three direct reports. Primary responsibilities include:
• Assist the Controller in overseeing all accounting and reporting systems to ensure compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
• Supervise Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Payroll function
• Complete monthly close process
• Utilize Accounting systems to facilitate processes and maintain records.
• Analyze revenues and expenses to ensure they are recorded in accordance with GAAP
• Monthly revenue processing
• Prepare bi-weekly payroll journal entries
• Oversee monthly bank reconciliation process
• Prepare monthly account reconciliations of all major accounts
• Manage all journal entries and monthly accruals to ensure accuracy.
• Prepare financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule
• Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances
• Participate in all facets of audits.
• Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
• Participate in the development and generation of reports for management, regulatory agencies and funders
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
• Strong knowledge of not-for-profit GAAP and financial reporting; grants management as it relates to compliance and reporting of government (in particular OMB A-133), corporate and foundation grants is essential
• 5 years accounting/finance experience; CPA a plus, but not required
• 5+ years of work experience at similar or equivalent level in the not-for-profit industry preferred
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• Abila Fund accounting system experience desirable but not required
• Ability to analyze financial data and to prepare accurate reports in a timely fashion
• Outstanding accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to meet assigned deadlines
• Ability to embrace, apply and reflect PYN’s Core Values of Innovation, Respect, Responsibility, Excellence and Collaboration
• Ability to provide excellent customer service
• Ability to employ flexibility and creativity in the face of ambiguity and challenge
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a high-paced environment which includes being highly self-motivated and disciplined
• Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from supervisor to accomplish objectives
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results
• Self-starter with ability to work independently and part of a team
• This position may require long hours and occasional weekend work.
• Successfully passing background checks (PA State Criminal, PA Department of Public Welfare Child Abuse, U.S. Department of Justice National Sex Offender Registry, and F.B.I. fingerprinting)
Philadelphia Youth Network offers a comprehensive employee health & wellness benefits program and a competitive salary range based on past experience, job knowledge, and demonstrated skills and abilities.
Philadelphia Youth Network (PYN) is a solutions-builder forging together significant players to alleviate a root cause of poverty by preparing 12-24-year-olds to become productive working adults. Our work is grounded in the understanding that young people need access to both education and employment, proven factors in being prepared for a career. With a track record of increasing impact, PYN funds and brokers action with the right partners to collectively address barriers. PYN constructs systems to create change, while innovating to meet evolving needs. Together with our partners, PYN dramatically changes the trajectory of individuals’ lives by giving voice to underserved youth, and ultimately creating a pipeline for an educated, engaged workforce.
New jobs. Your inbox. Every week. Get it.