Posted on November 5, 2020
Program Manager (Temporarily Remote)
Philadelphia Youth Network (PYN) has an immediate opening for a full-time Program Manager.
This position is responsible for management and implementation of education and/or employment programs at the Philadelphia Youth Network. The position will oversee an individual program or multiple programs at the same time, with a strong focus on implementing virtual youth programs in the first 6 months.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Project management and Program implementation of programs. This includes execution of all programmatic requirements (i.e. requirement, enrollment, placement, upskilling/pd, participant payments) and compliance with all federal, state, local, funder and organizational guidelines
- Contribute to the design and/or modification of evidence-based workforce operational strategies for youth and providers
- Developing and managing relationships with partners necessary for program service delivery
- Enter data into necessary systems and producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle
- Analyzing program risks
- Develops tools, surveys, guides, marketing materials, trainings, policies, and procedures necessary for program implementation
- Monitors and manages the program budget in accordance with funding regulations and spending against certain programmatic budget line items
- Attends divisional, organization-wide and other team related meetings to ensure information sharing and to assist with other organizational initiatives whenever needed
- Manage, hire, and supervise members of the team (full-time and temporary) and implement the appropriate professional development tools and training to maximize operational effectiveness and to ensure the achievement of employee goals and performance benchmarks
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master’s Degree in related field (i.e. education, human services, public administration, public policy) is a plus
- 2-3 years of staff management required
- Minimum 2 years of project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth
- Experience having worked with a high-performance, collaborative, constructive peer group
- Demonstrated results in managing through complex systems and proven experience negotiating win-win agreements
- Strength in hiring, recruiting, managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility, span-of-control and performance
- Experience cultivating and managing partnerships with community & advocacy organizations and/or government entities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well ability to integrate a wide range of technology and data management into daily work
- Willingness to travel to various locations
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Successfully passing background checks (PA State Criminal, PA Department of Public Welfare Child Abuse, S. Department of Justice National Sex Offender Registry, and F.B.I. fingerprinting)
Philadelphia Youth Network offers a comprehensive employee health & wellness benefits program and a competitive salary range based on past experience, job knowledge, and demonstrated skills and abilities.
PYN alleviates poverty by preparing young people to succeed in tomorrow’s workforce. PYN coordinates partners that connect young people to education and employment experiences, equipping them with the skills employers need. As a result, PYN creates a system of services that help young people become successful, creating a diverse local talent pipeline. Learn more at pyninc.org.
Apply for this job
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and please indicate Program Manager in the subject line. The Philadelphia Youth Network values the safety of our staff, our partners and our young people. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, PYN is following safe practice guidelines and operating temporarily remote until further notice. Please contact email@example.com with questions about PYN’s remote work. Mention you found this work on Generocity!