Posted on November 5, 2020
Senior Business Partnership Specialist
Senior Business Partnership Specialist (Temporarily Remote)
Philadelphia Youth Network (PYN) has an immediate opening for a full-time Senior Business Partnership Specialist. The Senior Business Partnership Specialist (SBPS) position requires an energetic and innovative individual who will connect employers to talent by building and maintaining relationships within the regional business community,
The Senior Business Partnership Specialist will work closely with the Director, Partnerships for Employment Pathways, other members of the department and organization, and key external stakeholders to increase investments by the business community in city-wide career development programs. Primary responsibilities include:
- Expand engagement of the regional business community, build relationships and understand their current and future talent needs.
- Connect businesses with identified talent needs to career pathway training programs that meet those needs.
- Supporting the launch of citywide campaigns that increase business investment and participation in career pathway training programs.
- Coordinating business recruitment strategies with external partners including the Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia, City of Philadelphia and other workforce development organizations.
- Represent PYN at meetings, forums and events with the business community and other stakeholders.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit year-round stewardship with corporate and individual sponsors and partners to meet revenue goals.
- Manage relationships with employers in the implementation of year-round and summer programs.
- Collect workforce related data from a variety of resources including Philadelphia Works and the Economy League of Philadelphia.
- Share workforce data with the provider network to support their business recruitment strategies and keep abreast of trends as they design their career pathway programs.
- Delivery of briefs and presentations to internal and external stakeholders that include workforce and industry trends.
- Some post-secondary education is required, bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in employer engagement and relationship management required; 3-5 preferred.
- Experience with talent development, marketing/sales, and supporting enterprise wide talent programs.
- Experience conducting market research, analysis, and identification of target markets. Knowledge of industry career options, trends and opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining effective working relationships with stakeholders and partners; knowledge of donor cultivation and solicitation principles and processes required.
- Ability to effectively articulate and pitch programs and services a plus.
- Experience in assessing the needs of an employer and making an effective match.
- Employment program experience in a similar role will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated success collaborating with businesses in addressing their various talent needs.
- Excellent customer service.
- Ability to employ flexibility and creativity in the face of ambiguity and challenges.
- Strong leadership skills, self-direction and the ability to take ownership and drive responsibilities through to completion while balancing the needs of all stakeholders.
- Ability to design and implement systems necessary to gather, maintain and analyze statistical data and generate reports.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office as well ability to integrate a wide-range of technology and data management into daily work.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including visual presentation of information and high-level command of grammar, spelling and word usage.
- Strong organizational, analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Successfully passing background checks (PA State Criminal, PA Department of Public Welfare Child Abuse, S. Department of Justice National Sex Offender Registry, and F.B.I. fingerprinting).
Philadelphia Youth Network offers a comprehensive employee health & wellness benefits program and a competitive salary range based on past experience, job knowledge, and demonstrated skills and abilities.
PYN alleviates poverty by preparing young people to succeed in tomorrow’s workforce. PYN coordinates partners that connect young people to education and employment experiences, equipping them with the skills employers need. As a result, PYN creates a system of services that help young people become successful, creating a diverse local talent pipeline. Learn more at pyninc.org.
Apply for this job
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to email@example.com and please indicate Senior Business Partnership Specialist in the subject line. The Philadelphia Youth Network values the safety of our staff, our partners and our young people. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, PYN is following safe practice guidelines and operating temporarily remote until further notice. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about PYN’s remote work. Mention you found this work on Generocity!