Posted on September 3, 2021
Senior Project Manager (One Year Contract)
About the Partnerships for Employment Pathways Department:
The Partnerships for Employment Pathways department collaborates with partners locally, regionally and nationally to support career-connected education and employment pathway opportunities for youth and young adults. We do this by engaging the regional business community to understand their current and future talent needs and connect them to initiatives, programs and opportunities that develop a true talent pipeline of Philadelphia residents. In addition, we strive to achieve excellence in worksite quality across PYN initiatives and use innovative approaches in the direct management of youth workforce opportunities.
Key areas of focus include:
- Partnering with key stakeholders to launch, coordinate and manage citywide campaigns targeted towards engaging the business community
- Cultivating relationships with the business to support career-connected education opportunities
- Ensure worksites have the tools and resources needed to provide quality experiences for young people
- Supporting city-wide partners and projects to promote high-quality employment pathway opportunities for our city’s youth and young adults
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for partnering with stakeholders in PA Pipeline Pilot program to launch, coordinate and manage a citywide campaign targeted towards bridging and engaging the participating schools, students, and the defense employer community. Overall, we seek to create a streamlined experience for students in the Pipeline Program and their matched employers to secure full time employment with identified businesses. These efforts will focus on:
- Engaging the program participating businesses, cultivate relationships, and understand their current and future talent needs
- Connecting identified student participants and assist in work readiness to be prepared for employment at businesses to career pathway training programs that meet their talent needs
- Executing PYN’s PA Pipeline pilot program student/employer success strategy focused on removing barriers, assisting program participants with all employer related activities; registration, compliance and roles/responsibilities that ensure delivery of quality workplace experiences.
- Managing the necessary support trainings and delivery of resources that support design and implementation of work experiences across the Career Development Framework (CDF)and the US Navy PA Pipeline Workforce Training Program.
- Working closely with the School District of Philadelphia’s CTE Career Readiness staff to ensure alignment and success outcomes as well as ensuring the availability of. tools and resources needed to prepare candidates for full time employment opportunity at regional businesses
- Assisting with providing career-readiness programming (group and individual) to students enrolled in participating CTE programs, tailored to best ensure student success and preparation for employment opportunities
- Develop and manage participating employers including capacity, recruitment targets, matching students, registration, data collection, maintenance, analysis, and reporting
- Support PYN’s efforts to engage external partners around the redesign and improvement of the employer experience
- Proactively engage employers who have a need for talent and connect them to the right internal or external programs that align with their talent needs
- Ensure that employers connecting to PYN understand their roles and responsibilities before during and after the delivery and implementation of work experiences
- Design and deliver training resources to support students, schools and employers participating in workforce development programs
- Lead a cross functional team that will inform organizational strategies related to the continuous improvement of employer awareness, engagement, and education
- Assist with providing career-readiness programming (group and individual) to students enrolled in participating CTE programs, tailored to best ensure student success and preparation for employment opportunities
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment on messaging, process, and timelines
- Develop and manage a youth incentive and engagement plan.
- All other duties as assigned
Education, Experience & Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, administration, project management or related areas of study
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining effective working relationships with stakeholders and partners
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in project and/or relationship management
- Experience in assessing the talent needs of business and connecting them to the appropriate training programs
- Ability to effectively articulate and communicate workforce development programs and services
- Strong leadership skills, self-direction, and the ability to take ownership and drive responsibilities through to completion while balancing the needs of all stakeholders
- Ability to implement systems necessary to gather, maintain and analyze statistical data and generate reports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take ownership and drive responsibilities through to completion
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to excel in a high-performing team and project a positive attitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed
- Familiarity with PYN initiatives is preferred, but not required
- Candidate MUST have driver’s license and access to a vehicle; position requires local travel
The Philadelphia Youth Network is an impactful non-profit changing the lives of young people between the ages of 12-24 by creating education and employment opportunities. The Philadelphia Youth Network creates collective impact by leveraging partnerships, resources and talent to alleviate poverty and promote equity for youth. PYN values talent and seeks to provide an equitable and fair working environment, maintaining policies that promote flexibility, encourages creativity and honors diversity and authenticity. PYN is a dynamic, fast paced organization, pursuing transformational outcomes for young people. Learn more at pyninc.org.
Apply for this job
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to email@example.com and please indicate Senior Project Manager in the subject line.
Mention you found this work on Generocity!