Posted on September 19, 2023
Administrative & Grants Associate
8033 Germantown Avenue Philadelphia, PA 19118
This position supports the grants and administration functions as an integral member of the harp-weaver LLC team carrying out the mission of The Presser Foundation. The Administrative & Grants Associate is responsible for maintaining and distributing information to the Board and grantees, assisting in the administration of grant processes, and working closely with the team to serve as the central point of contact for day-to-day operations.
- Serve as a face of the Foundation, including greeting visitors and answering and screening telephone calls;
- Assist with website updates, promotional material production, news releases, and social media;
- Coordinate and set up meetings and conference calls and assist with events;
- Manage office supply inventory and ordering, as well as outside vendors e.g., utilities (phone, internet);
- Provide administrative support including photocopying, collating, scanning, mailing, scheduling, note taking, filing documents, and handling all incoming and outgoing correspondences such as mail and e‐mail;
- Organize and prepare the annual update of the Foundation’s Board Handbook;
- Manage operational and logistical functions for Board meetings and events, including meeting space, food ordering, and Board documents;
- Oversee the maintenance and troubleshoot issues with office equipment, orient new staff and users on equipment usage; and
- Complete special projects as designated by the Executive Director and /or other staff.
- Organize and maintain electronic and minimal paper files of grant documents and resources;
- Assist with data entry in and management of grants database;
- Provide technical assistance and troubleshooting for online grant application users;
- Process grant applications;
- Participate in the review of grant applications;
- Administer correspondence to grant applicants and grantees;
- Update database status after decisions have been made regarding grant proposals;
- Prepare banking information for payment of funds to grantees upon approval of grant awards;
- Request interim and final reports from grantees if reports have not been filed in a timely manner;
- Assist with producing reports as needed for the Committees and Board of the Foundation; and
- Work to enhance and improve grants management processes and increase efficiencies.
- Associate degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Up to three years of related work experience (includes internships, summer positions, part-time jobs, etc.);
- Understanding of and/or experience in the nonprofit or philanthropy space a plus;
- Top-notch interpersonal and organizational skills, both verbal and written, with meticulous attention to detail;
- Proven ability to take direction, work independently, and manage multiple tasks with deadlines;
- Flexibility; must be willing and capable of adapting to changing priorities and deadlines;
- Evidence of dependability, trustworthiness, and effective work habits;
- Ability to take initiative and complete project assignments;
- Ability to represent harp-weaver LLC and the Foundation in a professional and highly competent manner;
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); and
- Driving and occasional travel locally and in the tri-state area may be required.
- harp-weaver LLC and its client, The Presser Foundation, has office space at 8033 Germantown Avenue Philadelphia, PA 19118 (accessible by SEPTA bus and regional rail).
- Due to the collaborative nature of the work, it is expected that most of the time will be spent in the office.
- To protect the health and safety of other staff members and Board members, it is expected that the individual will be vaccinated against COVID-19 (or have a medical or religious exemption).
harp-weaver LLC (www.harp-weaver.com) provides outsourced staffing management and administration services to The Presser Foundation (the “Foundation”) (www.presserfoundation.org). The Foundation was formally established in 1939 under various deeds of trust of the late Theodore Presser. In the charter of incorporation, the Foundation’s purposes are set forth to promote primarily the cause of musical education and musical philanthropy. While the Foundation’s approaches to accomplishing its mission have evolved, it has provided much needed funding to further the cause of music both nationally and locally in the Greater Philadelphia Area.
Apply for this job
harp-weaver LLC and its client, The Presser Foundation, are committed to centering equity. We are seeking applicants who bring a diverse range of views and experiences. We encourage applicants who represent all races, ethnicities, religions, gender identification, and abilities.
Send cover letter and resume to Teresa Araco Rodgers at email@example.com with “Administrative & Grants Associate” in the subject line no later than October 6, 2023.
Mention you found this work on Generocity!