Development / Fundraising
University City Science Center Job Posting: Grants Manager
The Grants Manager will work under the direction of the Corporate Development and Government Relations teams and with other Program Managers and Directors in the organization to sustain and grow fundraising capacity at the Science Center. The Grants Manager is responsible for maintaining and growing our grants portfolio with a focus on opportunities from government, corporations, and foundations. They will have oversight and responsibility for the grant fundraising process. They will conduct prospect research and work with the Development team, Government Relations team and others to manage the grants process, write and prepare funding proposals and applications, and ensure that the organization meets all grants requirements.
The Grants Manager ensures that the Corporate Development and Government Relations teams and other teams and/or external partners are working in concert on multiple projects, and that they have the relevant information they need.
This position has external contact with funders, institutional funders, corporations, government officials, grant program officers, donor, and other organizational partners. This position has access to sensitive UCSC information and is expected to handle such information with integrity and professionalism.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
• Manages grants process for the organization by leading project teams and tracking projects to ensure timely completion.
• Seeks out new grant opportunities by conducting research on foundations, corporations, individuals, and public sources (e.g., city, state, and federal agencies).
• Manages the process of gathering input for grant development and ensures all departments provide necessary information for funding proposals.
• Personally writes all narrative and supplemental documents for, and otherwise prepares, all grant applications and ensures they are followed through to completion.
• Ensures all grant timetables and requirements are met.
• Uses Salesforce CRM to track funding opportunities, pull reports, and otherwise track and quantify fundraising outcomes.
• Ensures, with Development and Government Relations teams, the management of institutional data, upkeep of the Salesforce CRM system, and the ongoing maintenance and management of donor/funder records.
• Writes reports to funders as requested and tracks open grants to insure timely reporting to all funders.
• Works closely with marketing staff to coordinate messaging, sponsorship fulfillment, and stewardship of public and private grants.
• Completes special projects specific to the function of the department or as needed for the department as directed by either supervisor.
The successful candidate will have 3-5+ years of demonstrated experience in grant writing, managing grant requirements, and interfacing with key donors. Experience with writing and managing applications for federal and state grants is a plus. BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university in a related field is required. Broad knowledge of prospect management and other development best practices is a plus.
The Science Center offers a comprehensive employee benefit package which includes Medical, Dental, Short and Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending, Life Insurance and 403(b) with a significant company match.
About the Science Center
Located in the heart of uCity Square, the Science Center is a mission-driven nonprofit organization that catalyzes and connects innovation to entrepreneurship and technology commercialization. For 50+ years, the Science Center has supported startups, research, and economic development in the life sciences, healthcare, physical sciences, and emerging technology sectors. As a result, graduate firms and current
residents of the Science Center’s incubator support one out of every 100 jobs in the Greater Philadelphia region and drive $13 billion in economic activity in the region annually. By providing resources and programming for any stage of a business’s lifecycle, the Science Center helps scientists, entrepreneurs and
innovators take their concepts from idea to IPO – and beyond.
For more information about the Science Center, go to www.sciencecenter.org
New jobs. Your inbox. Every week. Get it.