5738 N. 5th St.
The North 5th Street Revitalization Project (N5SRP) is seeking an outgoing, organized, and community-minded individual to join its passionate team. N5SRP seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for well-known community based nonprofit organization.
Organization and Program Description
N5SRP, a community and economic development, enhances the quality of life for the merchants and residents in and around Olney’s North 5th Street commercial district by 1) improving and maintaining the streetscape; 2) increasing public safety; 3) supporting existing small businesses and attracting new, viable economic uses; and 4) fostering community connectedness. For a better sense of N5SRP’s activities and approach to community and economic development, visit facebook.com/northfifth or ShopNorth5th.com
• Maintain N5SRP’s social media presence, including scheduling updates across all platforms
• Assist in planning and writing monthly eNewsletter
• Designing flyers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material for major events hosted by N5SRP
• Draft news releases, media alerts and other stories
• Prepare social media impact reports
• Assist with special events
• Reports to Program Director
• Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
• Excellent computer skills(working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel). Knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus
• An effective communicator, both written and oral
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
• Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
• Enthusiasm for the mission of North 5th Street Revitalization Project and the community we serve
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires 6 month commitment.
Hours: 6-10 hours/week, preferably twice a week in the office. Up to 4 hours can be completed at home.
Compensation: This is an unpaid position. Ideally this internship will be eligible for course credit as part of a structured program.
New jobs. Your inbox. Every week. Get it.