Posted on January 24, 2019
Matrix reporting structure. Administratively reports to the COO. Works directly with the CEO.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual marketing and communications plan for the Museum’s audience segments.
- Translate the annual plan into tactical action steps to both carry out and delegate to appropriate staff.
- Lead the generation of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. Decide when, who, and where to disseminate.
- Develop and execute clear, effective print and online collateral such as brochures, fundraising appeals, invitations, reports, e-newsletters, social media, and website that advances the Museum’s mission, vision, brand, and strategic goals.
- Oversee the effectiveness of marketing efforts with a strong emphasis on data analysis, and provide strategic direction accordingly.
- Work closely with staff members in each department to make sure individual program materials meet brand guidelines, convey the mission, and are effective.
- Provide input on public programs, high impact strategic partnerships across industries (education, tourist, museum) and memberships/awards for the Museum that will reinforce our brand.
- Manage relationships with public relations, printing and other outsourced marketing-related vendors.
- Manage the Museum’s marketing budget.
- Hire, manage and evaluate existing and future staff/interns
- Provide strategic and tactical updates to Board of Directors and at bi-monthly meetings.
- Is passionate about the mission and work of the Museum
- BA degree (MBA preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience creating and implementing successful integrated marketing communication plans.
- Experience working for a non-profit with a volunteer board is preferred, but not a requirement
- Is savvy about the Philadelphia, national and global cultural, business and social communities.
- Experience managing diverse marketing, communication, and promotional functions
- Experience managing staff
- Excellent project management skills and ability to plan and organize multiple projects with budgets
- Strong attention to detail
- Intellectually curious, creative and entrepreneurial
- Takes ownership of their work; someone who is proactive, demonstrates initiative and accountability
- Is a highly effective communicator with exceptional writing skills
- Exhibits exceptional judgment and maturity
- Is a problem solver; strong in vision, yet collaborative
- Doesn’t hesitate to jump in and help out on our small team
- Is a respectful and a good listener – interested in learning from the experience of colleagues and open to other ideas
Located in the heart of America’s birthplace in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the National Liberty Museum (http://www.libertymuseum.org) brings liberty to life through stories of people whose character and courage have expanded liberty for all. The Museum’s exhibits, educational experiences, and public programs are inspire visitors to think about liberty as an ongoing human quest that we all share.
We seek a Manager of Marketing to set, guide and execute the strategy for all of our marketing efforts, communications, website, and public relations and collateral to advance our organization’s goals and increase our visibility and impact.
Apply for this job
The National Liberty Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking a diverse workforce.
To apply, send your resume, a one-page cover letter, and three relevant writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
First-round interviews of preferred candidates will be arranged for February 2019. No phone calls, please. We regret we may not be able to respond to all applications.
All the best to you on your search!
Mention you found this work on Generocity!