1500 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102
Development / Fundraising
Job Title: Membership Associate
Supervisor: Development Director
Full Time Salary: $40,000-$45,000
Expected Start Date: June 14
PURPOSE AND GENERAL DESCRIPTION
The Membership Associate is our conduit to the local cycling scene. This person should be outgoing and able to connect over the joys bicycling with people around our region. The ideal candidate has a laser-like attention to detail and a strong commitment to building lasting bonds with our members to power our advocacy into the future. You need not be a serious bicyclist but you must embrace our mission that bicycling should be a safe and fun way for everyone to get around the Greater Philadelphia Area. The Membership Associate is responsible for overseeing our membership program and meeting our unrestricted fundraising goals. This Development team position is responsible for raising between $170,000-$190,000 in annual giving campaigns during the Fiscal Year.
To be successful in this role the qualified candidate will need:
• Bachelor’s degree or 1-3 years of equivalent work experience in relevant field(s): administrative, database management, stakeholder engagement, and non-profit experience, fundraising, events, program development, logistics, operations, project management
• Strong technology skills and with ability to adapt to new systems as a fast learner
• Salesforce certifications highly preferred
• Experience with data management tools preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams), Adobe Acrobat, and virtual meeting platforms such as (Zoom, WebEx, and GoToMeeting) as well as the ability to learn new systems relevant to the Network including Salesforce, Apsona, Pardot, and others as relevant
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The Membership Associate will report to the Development Director and serve as a member of the Development team. In addition, this position will work closely with BCGP’s management and Policy team. This position will have responsibility for serving our existing members, performing outreach to acquire new members, and engaging our supporters to reach our financial goals.
Membership & Strategy
● Drive membership strategies, including writing and producing renewal and new member drive campaigns and appeals ○ Oversee welcome series for new contacts in Pardot and update email templates as needed. ○ Oversee renewals process, send monthly renewal prompts. ○ Oversee renewal journeys in Pardot and update email templates as needed. ○ Review conversion analytics and set strategy for digital subscriber conversion and appeal emails. ○ Develop copy and design for printed appeals, including membership cards, palm cards, renewal letters, EOY appeal, and special appeals. ○ Create and maintain membership benefits (bike shop discounts, RideWithGPS, swag)
● Respond to member inquiries (bike@ and donations@)
● Create and maintain Soapbox donation pages
● Create, merge and maintain all acknowledgement letters for signature by the Executive Director and Development Director. Merge with Apsona, print and fulfill mailing.
● Oversee membership revenue and analytics.
● Use surveys and analytics to inform digital marketing and membership strategies. Membership Promotion
● Ensure event, rides and membership campaign promotion on BCGP social media; including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
● Strengthen the organization’s brand and work with staff to implement brand strategy. Integrate brand into all aspects of BCGP communications and marketing.
● Develop original print and web content for membership solicitation, and communications.
● Develop and ensure consistency of BCGP’s voice internally and externally.
● Create strategies to convert existing leads into donors (i.e., manage Google adwords grant).
● Coordinate recruitment of volunteers on an as-needed basis. Gift Flow
● Enter mailed gifts into our Salesforce database.
● Review online gifts. Data clean up as necessary. Combine gifts with existing pipelines where applicable.
● Audit membership status and end date to ensure recent gifts are tracked correctly.
● Enter 3rd party gift data, such as Facebook and United Way giving, into Salesforce.
● Be a technology champion for all systems that support membership including, Salesforce, Soapbox, Microsoft office and Pardot
● Manage Gift Flow Process and ensure timely acknowledgements.
● Act as lead for the Salesforce CRM in tracking events, donations, and communication.
● Provide support for the Development team: reporting, list management, and protocols.
● Ability to communicate effectively with people of all ages, abilities, cultural groups, economic status or sexual orientation.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams), Adobe Acrobat, and virtual meeting platforms such as (Zoom, WebEx, and GoToMeeting) as well as the ability to learn new systems relevant to the Network including Salesforce, Apsona, Pardot, and others as relevant.
● Experience riding a bicycle for transportation or recreation.
● Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and multiple tasks.
● Ability to set annual goals and objectives and proven ability to meet goals.
● Outstanding organizing, stewardship and relationship management skills.
● A professionally-aligned appearance and manner when meeting with stakeholders. The Bicycle Coalition fosters a casual and expressive office environment and welcomes casual attire in the workplace.
● Ability to complete work in an unstructured and informal environment with limited supervision.
● Problem solving skills, creativity, flexibility and self-motivation.
● A strong commitment to the Bicycle Coalition’s mission and values.
● Willingness to adhere to all COVID-19 precautions.
● Individuals who identify as Black, Indigenous, or Person of Color strongly encouraged to apply.
Founded in 1972, the Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia partners with community, governmental, public, and private actors in order to make streets safer and advocate for a greener Philly. The Bicycle Coalition promotes healthy living and healthy transportation; it promotes a way of life, and a way of bringing people together for a greater purpose.
Through advocacy and education, the Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia leads the movement to make bicycling a safe and fun way to get around for anyone in Greater Philadelphia.
HOW TO APPLY All interested candidates should send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org: ● An up-to-date resume (no longer than 2 pages). ● A 1-page cover letter explaining why you are interested in working at BCGP and what makes you a good fit specifically for the Membership Associate role. Be sure to relay your story in addition to your professional attributes. ● Three professional references ● Clearances will be requested as the hiring process proceeds. ● Email subject should read: “[last name] Membership Associate Application”. ● Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a first come first serve rolling basis. ● Applications received by May 15, 2021 will be prioritized. We thank all applicants; we will contact only those selected for an interview. The Bicycle Coalition is committed to building a staff that matches the diversity of the communities we serve, and strongly encourages people of color to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Mention you found this work on Generocity!
New jobs. Your inbox. Every week. Get it.