Part-Time IPMF Coordinator
The IPMF Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and contributing to the roll-out of new grant programs, funded by the Independence Public Media Foundation (IPMF). The ideal candidate is a relationship builder, with a track record of community engagement, especially as it relates to Media Arts; a passion for Leeway’s mission; and a desire to contribute their energy, creativity, and leadership to the team.The IPMF Coordinator reports to the Program Director and works collaboratively with staff.
Grant Program Administration
- Oversee and coordinate all elements of IPMF grant programs, in their pilot year
- This includes a residency program between Media Artists and social justice organizations as well as a media-based grant for Leeway grant and award recipients
- Process applications and keep track of grant records
- Coordinate grant review cycles and panel processes, including working collaboratively with staff to identify and recruit panelists and facilitators
- Compile data/statistics for program evaluation and assessment
- Work collaboratively with staff to suggest changes/revisions to existing program materials
Community Engagement and Events
- Serve as the point person for IPMF program-related requests
- Plan and execute events related to the IPMF grant programs
- e.g. – public information sessions; panel convenings; resident gatherings, etc.
- Organize and conduct 1-on-1 support sessions with interested applicants
- Collaborate with community partner organizations, grantees, and other stakeholders to identify engagement and outreach opportunities to increase the visibility of the IPMF grant programs
Additional Duties and Expectations
- Attend weekly staff meetings and other meetings as needed
- Contribute to organizational learning by keeping up with relevant news and current trends, especially as it relates to the intersection of Media Arts and social change within the local, regional, and national arts and cultural landscape
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong alignment with Leeway’s mission and core values and demonstrated commitment to media arts, social justice, and art and culture as a vehicle for social change
- At least two years of experience in coordinating programs and working with people in the fields of cultural or community organizing, philanthropy, and/or arts and social justice
- Strong project and time management skills; an ability to thrive working under deadlines
- Organized and detail-oriented with strong administrative skills
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, with experience presenting enthusiastically to diverse audiences
- Demonstrated comfort and history of proactively building relationships with a range of communities
- Strong creative, problem-solving, and critical thinking capabilities
- Self-motivated – as well as a team player able to work collaboratively to achieve goals
- Solid technology skills including proficiency with MS Office Suite and Google Drive
- Ability to work from home/remotely – and from the Leeway office, once it is deemed safe to return to office and in-person engagement post-pandemic.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Leeway Foundation supports women, trans*, and gender non-conforming artists and cultural producers working in communities at the intersection of art, culture, and social change. Through the Foundation’s grantmaking and other programs, we promote artistic expression that amplifies the voices of those on the margins, promotes sustainable and healthy communities, and works in the service of movements for economic and social justice. For more information, visit: www.leeway.org.
Apply for this job
Please review the IPMF Coordinator Job Description and the Leeway Foundation website. Interested candidates should send:
A 1-page cover letter indicating why they are interested and qualified for the position;
A 1-page writing sample that tells us more about their experience with Media Arts and their interest in art and social change;
Names of 3 professional references with contact information
Please submit your materials on or by Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 5pm EST via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please. All applications will be acknowledged.
The Leeway Foundation is committed to the principles of equal opportunity employment at every level without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity characteristics or expression, age, non-job related disability, or political affiliation.
Mention you found this work on Generocity!