Program Director reports to the Executive Director and is part of Career Wardrobe’s management team. The Program Director leads a team of 8 employees with 4 direct reports. They manage the operations of Career Wardrobe client services programs in Philadelphia, Delaware, and Bucks Counties. They also oversee contractors running PA Dept. of Human Services-funded PA WORKWEAR programs in Berks, Montgomery, and Chester Counties. Position is based out of Philadelphia, but requires frequent travel to other Career Wardrobe locations.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary range $50,000-60,000 with benefits.
Full time exempt position.
Career Wardrobe provides employees with access to health and welfare benefits (including dental, prescription, and hospitalization) with a cost-sharing component. Employer covered long and short term disability and life insurance included. Paid time off starts at 12 days annually.
Program Management – 60%
- Responsible for managing Career Wardrobe’s Dressing and Career Resources Programs to provide direct services to 5,000+ people who are transitioning into employment annually.
- Manage Career Wardrobe’s PA WORKWEAR contract for Philadelphia, Bucks, Delaware, Chester, Montgomery, and Berks Counties including providing oversight of contractor activities and reporting to PA Dept. of Human Services.
- Direct Referral Partner Membership Program and manage outreach to new partners to grow Career Wardrobe’s access to diverse and emerging communities in the Philadelphia region.
- Organize quarterly Work It professional development days (including makeover, headshots, educational component) including working with volunteers.
- Develop Step Up to Succes job readiness workshop curriculum, train staff or volunteers to run workshops, and/or run workshops as needed.
- Client services, scheduling and inventory management as needed
Program Development – 30%
- Advise and assist Executive Director and Board of Directors with creation and implementation of Strategic Plan to guide program and organization goals and development.
- Represent Career Wardrobe to government officials, community partners and the media.
- Supervise program staff, including conducting annual performance reviews to assist with professional development and program planning.
- Manage growth of Career Resources Program including sourcing new fee generating opportunities for job readiness and professional development curriculum.
- Research and assess new program opportunities such as training programs and social enterprise initiatives.
- Assist with budgeting and development to maintain program operations and guide program growth.
Administrative Duties – 10%
- Oversee management of outcomes tracking and reporting for all program services using Salesforce database.
- Manage social media marketing via Hootsuite to promote program and events for clients.
- Monthly reporting of program service results to Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Engaging and outgoing personality with a commitment to improving the lives of women and men transitioning to work.
- Executive and supervisory leadership experience and documented success leading diverse teams.
- Detail oriented work style with strong communication, technology, and management skills.
- Interest in or experience running revenue generating social enterprise initiatives (i.e. resale or thrift stores, fee for service programs).
- Previous experience in program design along with fundraising or business development preferred.
- Texhnology used includes: MS Office, Google Mail and Calendar, Basecamp (project management), Salesforce (database), Hootsuite (marketing).
- Ability to travel to using car or public transportation. Valid drivers license preferred.
- Education and Nonprofit Experience: Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of program management experience.
Career Wardrobe is a Philadelphia-based nonprofit social enterprise that uses clothing and professional development to empower unemployed individuals to work. The Wardrobe, a resale store benefiting Career Wardrobe, is the cornerstone of our program and provides professional clothing to individuals in transition as well as selling clothing to support our programs.
Apply for this job
To apply, please send your completed application to Sheri Cole, Executive Director of Career Wardrobe either via email - firstname.lastname@example.org - or to Career Wardrobe 1822 Spring Garden Street, Philadelphia, PA 19130.
Application should include:
1- Cover letter introducing yourself and your fit for this position and salary requirements
2- Professional resume
3- Professional writing sample
If submitting your application online please use .pdf or MS Word file types and save your documents with your last name. (i.e. "Smith Resume", "Smith Cover Letter").
Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls please.
Mention you found this work on Generocity!