Program Coordinator – Women’s Reentry and Assessment Program (WRAP)
Location: Exton, PA and Chester County
Home of the Sparrow is a non-profit whose mission is to partner with women facing homelessness to secure housing, achieve long-term stability, and chart new paths for their futures. The organization coordinates five programs to provide housing and supportive services so that women and children in the community have the resources they need to live independently. Housing is only the first step on the path to stability. To create a long-term impact in the lives of vulnerable women and children in our community, we strive to provide a holistic solution to economic instability.
The WRAP Program Coordinator will work directly with justice-involved women and in partnership with the Chester County Adult Probation and Parole Office. You will support them with housing and other supportive services to ensure their smooth reentry into the community and to reduce recidivism. This position will report to the Director of Programs.
- Utilizing a trauma-informed approach, provide field-based, direct services including outreach, case management assessment and service planning, to stabilize families in housing. Ideal candidate will promote recovery, community integration and overall family well-being.
- Work with justice-involved women who are re-entering the community as part of the Women’s Re-entry and Assessment Program providing supportive services. Assist high risk populations in accessing quality community services; ensuring appropriate services, including health care, benefits assistance, housing, etc. are actualized by the client.
- Utilizing a trauma-informed approach, identify and work collaboratively and strategically with community partners to address client barriers to accessing needed resources.
- Able to work in a small team setting with a desire to learn from colleagues, supporting and encouraging each other and program participants.
- Must be flexible, organized, a self- starter and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of creating and adhering to a household budget.
- Ability to build relationships with program participants and other social service organizations.
- Strong knowledge of housing and homelessness preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds in non-judgmental manner.
- Must be willing to provide in-home services throughout Chester County. Over 65% of the time is spent in the field.
- Must be willing to meet participants in prison, inpatient facilities, etc. as needed.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Trauma informed.
- Demonstrated commitment to service of others is required.
- Knowledge of Chester County, community resources, agencies and organizations helpful.
- MUST have a sense of humor!
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Criminal Justice or other relevant field required
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field and/ or 5 years of work experience preferred
- Employment Category: Full-Time
- Please submit cover letter (a must) and resume.
- Required: Vehicle and Driver’s License
Home of the Sparrow provides a fair and equal opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Home of the Sparrow partners with women facing homelessness to secure housing, achieve long-term stability, and chart new paths for their futures.
Apply for this job
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Matrie Johnson, Director of Programs at email@example.com, using the following format: Last Name.WRAP Application.
Mention you found this work on Generocity!