Reporting to the Director, Consulting Operations, the Project Manager (PM) works within the Development Consulting line of service. The PM serves as the day-to-day point of contact for the client and the consultants on each project team, reporting to the lead consultant. Projects include pre-campaign planning, campaign planning studies, assessments, development plans and more.
This is an incredible opportunity to gain broad exposure to the nonprofit sector and valuable experience by working on diverse projects and with a variety of clients.
The Project Manager works primarily on-site at S&W headquarters:
One Penn Center
1617 JFK Boulevard, Suite 1700
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Occasional regional travel and some national travel required.
Minimum of 1-3 Years Professional Experience Required
- Develop and manage project timeline, ensure fulfillment of contract deliverables and manage consultant time allocations
- Schedule meetings between clients and consultants, communicate regularly with client and consultants and prepare progress reports, if appropriate
- Manage interview scheduling process with client
- Facilitate sharing of client background materials, review client materials and summarize for consulting team
- Draft study questionnaires/discussion guides, letters of invitation for interviews, gift pyramids, interview findings and sample documents for implementation projects
- Draft initial study/assessment findings
- Prepare reports and presentations
- Conduct project-related research using the internet, subscription databases and some phone interviews
- Assist with business development activities as needed: research prospective clients; draft proposals and contracts in the absence of the Director; participate in sales meetings and presentations; etc.
- Working with the Director, promote, facilitate, refine and expand our portfolio of data analytics and research services
- Participate in efforts to improve client services and deliverables, maintaining the S&W brand, implementing best practices and keeping ahead of trends
- Bachelor’s degree candidacy required
- Experience in a professional office setting required; experience working in a nonprofit organization and familiarity with fundraising preferred
- Must be comfortable communicating with clients regularly, guiding them through the engagement process by email, phone and in-person
- Must have the judgment to manage relationships with clients and to anticipate problems
- Excellent skills in the following: proofreading, organization, file management, writing, verbal and written communication and teamwork
- Self-starter capable of prioritizing multiple, ongoing and competing responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working directly with senior management of an organization preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Access a plus)
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks and be resourceful
- Internet research skills; prospect research database skills preferred
- Experience with constituent databases (Raiser’s Edge, DonorPerfect, etc.) preferred
Schultz & Williams (S&W) is an established consulting firm that provides comprehensive services – including development, direct response, temporary staffing, strategic planning and marketing – to nonprofits of all types and sizes. Since 1987, the success and integrity of our work and our team of seasoned experts have been driven by one simple philosophy: development, planning, management and marketing strategies must be fully integrated in order for organizations to achieve financial stability, operational excellence and, ultimately, their mission-related goals.
S&W is a national firm headquartered in Philadelphia.
Apply for this job
Please submit cover letter and resume as a single PDF to Kelly Grattan, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prior to applying, we recommend reading the following article: https://www.schultzwilliams.com/six-tips-applying-first-second-third-nonprofit-job/.
Mention you found this work on Generocity!