Posted on February 19, 2020
Certified Medical Assistant
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
- This position is classified as salaried non-exempt in accordance to FLSA standards.
Our Mission is to be the premier regional provider of integrated, community-based healthcare
by combining evidence-based clinical practices, outstanding patient service, innovative care partnerships, and team-driven excellence, within a healthy fiscal environment.
Summary job Description:
The Medical Assistant performs a wide variety of duties and responsibilities in a manner that places emphasis on quality of care and customer service. The MA/MR works collaboratively with all Clinical services staff in support of direct patient services, exhibiting flexibility and positive attitude. Patients are the key priority in this position requiring the MA/MR to serve as a point of contact, in an environment which promotes patient comfort and trust. The position must exemplify the core values and mission of the organization, exercising discretion, diplomacy and tact in patient/staff interactions. The MA/MR communicates to the Lead MA/MR immediate concerns regarding patient interaction. The MA/MA reports to the Health Center Administrator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific tasks include:
- Triage patients; including Blood Pressure, Weight, Height, Pulse and Temperature
- Administer Injections, Immunizations and Venipuncture according to orders in the EHR for adults and children
- Collection of Lab Specimens
- EKG if needed
- Responsible for reporting to other sites as needed
- Responsible for all front Desk Functions in a Primary Care setting
- Schedule Appointments
- Schedule specialty and ancillary appointments
- Answer Phones
- Responsible for patient registration data entry
- Verify insurance
- Daily Batching of encounter forms
- Follow up for reports from specialists
- Assist Providers and Clinical staff as needed
- Assist patients as needed
- Review patients charts and encounter forms for completion
- Scan Reports to the EHR and distribute
- Ensure that Prescription refill and voice mails are retrieved daily
- Extensive medical terminology
- Report Incidents as they occur.
- Complete assigned training as required
- Utilizes CPR skill if necessary
- Other duties as assigned
PHMC Compliance Responsibilities:
- Understands and adheres to PHMC compliance standards as they appear in the PHMC Code of Conduct, Whistle Blowers and Conflict of Interest Policies.
- Keeps abreast of all pertinent federal, state and PHMC regulations, laws, and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
- Comply with HIPAA and Confidentiality Policies and Procedures as they apply to the job.
- Comply with Department of Public Health (DPH), The Joint Commission and other accreditation and regulatory agencies standards.
- Adhere to all PHMC Policies and Procedures.
- Knowledge and adherence to Infection Control and Environment of Care Guidelines and Procedures as described in the annual education module.
- Maintain MDS sheets according to federal and state regulatory agencies
- Keeps all required Certifications current
- Completes all Continuing Education requirements according to PHMC University
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Phlebotomy and Lab skills
- Knowledge of billing procedures and Insurance verification
- Data Entry
- Familiar with Managed Care Plans and Referral Process
- Knowledge of ICD 9/10 Codes
- Extensive Medical Terminology
- Extensive Organization Skills
- Must have pleasant manner
- Ability to assist Clinical Staff when required
- Ability to manage and complete work assigned
- Must be flexible
- One to two years of experience in a clinical laboratory/medical office environment.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Diploma from Accredited Medical Assistant School
- Medical Assistant Certification
- CPR Certification
- Position requires standing 2/3 of the time, walking 2/3 of the time, requires sitting under 1/3 of the time, use of hands and/or fingers to handle or feel 2/3 of the time, ability to reach with hands and arms, under and/or over 1/3 of the time, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl under 1/3 of the time, talk or hear over 2/3 of the time. Position requires lifting up to 10 lbs. up to 1/3 of the time.
- Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic) and exposure to blood borne pathogens that will require the use of personal protective equipment.
- Commensurate with education and experience.
Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC) is a nonprofit public health agency serving the Greater Philadelphia region for nearly 50 years. PHMC’s mission is to create and sustain healthier communities through partnerships with city, state, federal government, foundations, businesses and community-based organizations. PHMC reaches more than 350,000 clients through its programs, network of subsidiaries and partnerships throughout the city.
As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, PHMC values diversity and seeks talented employees from all backgrounds. Our equal employment opportunity philosophy, in accordance with federal, state and local law, applies to all aspects of employment with PHMC including recruiting, hiring, training, transfer/promotion, compensation, benefits and termination.
Apply for this job Mention you found this work on Generocity!