Applications will be reviewed in early July, interviews scheduled for mid-July, and a start date of mid-August (start date is flexible for the right candidate).
Schedule: Full time, Exempt
Compensation: Salaried with paid time off, medical and dental benefits
The Development Director is responsible for all of Rock to the Future’s vital revenue streams, which allow us to achieve our mission and maximize our impact in the community. The Development Director helps donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with Rock to the Future, plans and organizes fundraising activities, manages the development budget, and assembles team members to meet organization needs and goals.
Rock to the Future provides free music programs for over 300 youth annually in Philadelphia’s underserved communities and under-resourced schools. Through music, our students ignite passion and creativity, build leadership skills, and gain academic confidence. Join our committed, passionate, and talented team of professionals who share the vision of changing lives through the magic of music!
Rock to the Future is an inclusive workplace, committed to having a staff and board of directors whose diverse backgrounds reflect the communities we serve in Philadelphia. Candidates of all backgrounds, identities, and abilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate short-and long-term fundraising plans and creative campaign strategies to meet budget and organizational goals including individual donors, foundation, corporate, government, and community giving, and additional donor cultivation events
- Manage the grant calendar, prospect and submit grants applications and reports, and cultivate funders
- Lead planning and execution for the Music for All Fundraiser
- Maintain existing donor relationships and cultivate new relationships
- Manage, support, and train (as needed) all development related personnel including the Engagement and Communications Coordinator, Engagement Committee, additional project based contractors, and volunteers
- Ensure all development related systems and software are accurate and maintained
- Develop annual budget for development department needs
- Report on progress to staff, board, and the Engagement Committee
- Attend and contribute to weekly meetings with the Executive Director, Engagement and Communications Coordinator, monthly marketing meetings, and bi-monthly Engagement Committee meetings
- Work with the Engagement and Communications Coordinator to maintain relationships with existing donors and identify new donors; support the development of communications and engagement plan
Additional Duties: Attend board meetings as requested; Attend student showcases; Act as a spokesperson at external fundraising events; Support outreach and senior management projects as needed (i.e. Strategic Planning)
Education and Experience Required:
- College degree
- Minimum 3 years of fundraising and development experience
- CRM management experience
- Knowledge of funding processes including EITC
- Understanding of nonprofit governance and structure
- Experience planning and executing successful events
- Experience planning and executing successful fundraising campaigns
- Knowledge of fundraising and donor trends
- Strong multi-tasking, task and time management, and project management skills
- Strong writing and storytelling skills
- Strong networking and engagement skills
- Must be motivated, energetic, punctual, responsible, and positive individual
- Full commitment to the mission/philosophy of Rock to the Future
- Excitement and positive attitude toward working with disadvantaged children
- Ability to lead, teach, and interact with students, staff, and volunteers
- Dedication to the pursuit of continuous learning and improvement
Rock to the Future provides free music programs for youth in underserved Philadelphia neighborhoods. Through music, our programs ignite passion and creativity, support academic achievement, and improve self-esteem in an inclusive and positive environment.