Sales & Acquisitions Director Job Description
The Sales Director’s position is to develop key sales growth strategies, tactics, and action plans. Successful execution of these strategies is required to achieve your financial targets. Sales director duties will include hitting annual targets, building relationships and understanding customer trends.
- Positive attitude and willingness to encourage co-workers
- 3 years management experience
- Well organized in administrative roles
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a management capacity
- Demonstrated ability to lead others
- Ability to work with organizational leadership, understand the issues and constraints, and act accordingly
- Ability to carry out organization’s initiatives, protect their interests, and advance the company mission and sustainability
- The ability to set priorities and exercise flexibility where necessary
- Ability to communicate constructive feedback to organizational challenges and work towards solutions
Duties & Responsibilities
Has the authority to carry out the responsibilities of their position, including:
- Hold staff members accountable to organizational standards and goals
- Identify, prioritize and delegate actionable tasks to appropriate staff members
- Serve as the manager of the organization’s sales staff
- Own and hit/exceed annual sales targets
- Develop and execute strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base
- Sales support, oversee salvage business lines, drive exponential sales growth
- Oversee retail and wholesale operational delivery (sales logistics, commission structures, retail site merchandising and management).
- Support the executive team’s additional initiatives as feasible in time allocated.
- Pre-selling of materials from upcoming projects whenever possible to coordinate direct-from-site sales
- Set and maintain a positive tone and culture for staff members
- Support and motivate staff members in their work
- Recruit, hire and train sales staff;
- Supervising sales & warehouse staff
Material Solicitation & Logistics
- Insure adequate inflow & outflow of materials.
- Research availability of materials
- Materials sourcing & solicitation of donations and trade-ins
- Coordinating drop offs for salvage trade-ins and building material donations
- Tracking in-store credit credit for salvage trade ins and donation acknowledgements for drop off donations
Inventory Management & Record Keeping
- Inventory and supplies by receiving, storing, processing, delivering and preparing items for merchandising; securing warehouse;
- Implement sales management and tracking systems, launch and train retail staff on use.
- Coordinates flow of paperwork, ensuring customer forms are completed properly.
Customer Relationship Management
- Solicitation of customers.
- Responsible for the day to day interaction with customers as well as long and short term planning within the policies and procedures
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives
- Field customer calls.
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Understand category-specific landscapes and trends
- Reporting on forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts
- Coordinate with other members of executive team to ensure adequate supply side delivery and retail positioning;
- Coordinate marketing strategy and oversee implementation;
- Coordinate physical and digital merchandising strategy and oversee implementation, coordinate, implement and manage sales technology.
Measures of Performance
Sales Project Completion
- Project phases completed in a timely manner
- Accurately maintain organizational records
- Departments meeting set schedules for objectives and milestones
- Continuous learning ethic applied to staff practices
- Positive feedback from staff regarding problem solving
- Departments feel they’ve been appropriately resourced to accomplish their goals
- Position is full time
- 40 hour per week
Hourly Base Pay + Commission
- Hourly starts at $7.50 per hour
- Commission starts at 20% commission on all salvage sales
- Submit a resume detailing your experience
- Submit a cover letter detailing why you’d be a great fit
Background & Summary
Philadelphia Community Corps is a growing deconstruction job training nonprofit based in Philadelphia. The organization’s mission to provide career training programs that empower underserved citizens to revitalize blighted neighborhoods by deconstructing vacant buildings and salvaging materials for reuse. The organization values accountability, trust, and communication.
As a nonprofit career development program and licensed demolition contractor developing our job trainees potential is at the heart of what we do. The Philadelphia Community Corps looks to expand our capacity to manage growing administrative responsibilities and organizational operations.