Organizational Summary / Mission /Values Statement
Equal Measure is committed to expanding thought leadership, making meaningful contributions in the social sector and delivering excellent client services. We partner with diverse stakeholders to test new ideas, shape innovations, and pilot creative approaches to ensure that community investments have optimal impact. Our rigorous evaluation methodologies and expertise in philanthropic services enable us to deliver insights that fuel sustainable social change – and each one of our employees becomes part of our unfolding story.
Position Summary / Executive Overview of Position
Senior Consultant, Technology plays an integral role in Equal Measure’s infrastructure maintenance and improvement, as well as in support of client deliverables. The position is similar to that of an IT Manager. This person will maintain existing systems, offer improvements to those systems, and contribute to project excellence through technical and data support to our project staff. The successful incumbent will enjoy a dynamic and creative work environment and have the opportunity to expand his/her role as Equal Measure grows, based on performance, current and future business needs (as determined by leadership), and progressive levels of contribution to our three core focus areas: project leadership and excellence; thought leadership and business development; and organizational leadership. The position reports to the CFO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Project Leadership and Excellence (external focus)
- Managing information technology and computer systems, including instituting protocols for the use of IT across departments and projects
- Providing technical support and training to staff regarding implementation of new or current software and equipment. (Current project software includes: NVivo, STATA, SPSS, GIS Mapping)
- Working closely with project teams to support and integrate technology-based project supports including video conferencing, virtual meetings and collaboration options, survey software, data visualization, technology-enabled data collection processes (text, application tracking, etc.), grants management and communications technologies
- Support all project technology needs and serve in a trouble-shooting role including assisting with webinars, presentations, virtual meetings, data displays, etc.
- Proactively monitor the sector to identify project, business, and mission advancing technology supports and potential solutions
Thought Leadership and Business Development (external focus)
- Support Communications and project staff in their business development work by maintaining software, offering technology solutions, etc.
- Support organizational proposal submissions through technology and software offerings
- Building and maintaining tech networks and connections to bring new IT knowledge to EqM in order to deepen the organization’s innovation capacity
- Work with the business development team to integrate and streamline Deltek Vision processes and reporting
Organizational Leadership (internal focus)
- Planning, organizing, controlling, and evaluating IT and electronic data operations
- Providing technical support and training to staff regarding implementation of new or current software and equipment
- Identify problematic technology issues and proactively propose solutions.
- Work with CFO to preserve: assets, information security and internal/external controls
- Work with CFO to maintain policies and procedures as they relate to technology and organizational policy
- Install, configure, and update software and hardware (configure new laptops, printers, network cards, etc.)
- Monitor system and network performance, including the performance of troubleshooting, repairs and data restoration. This includes maintenance activities (e.g. backups, current licensing, upgrade schedules)
- Collaborate with Equal Measure outsourced, contracted IT professionals to maintain “best practice”
- Work with Office Manager and external vendors for equipment quotes and purchases as well as service quality (equipment vendors, internet and telephone providers, etc.)
Supervisory / Budgetary Responsibilities
- In collaboration with CFO, prepare annual and projected budgets and plans to ensure efficiency and cost effectiveness
Work Environment / Physical Demands / Travel Requirements
- Traditional office environment with typical technology work
- Occasional lifting of heavy boxes, supplies, or equipment (up to 40 lbs.), as well as bending or kneeling and reaching
- Use of tools as they relate to technology installation
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree (or an equivalent combination of education and career experience), BSc/BA in information technology or computer science is preferred
- Certifications in the field can be helpful
- Three to five years of help desk support, one to two years of network management, maintenance, or monitoring. Equal Measure would consider certifications and years of additional education in lieu of work experience.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (required)
- Knowledge of IT systems and applications with technical competencies involving: (1) common business software (Windows versions, etc.), (2) knowledge and experience with Active Directory, (3.) support and maintenance of Windows Server current versions, etc. Microsoft Office, and other web-based platforms while always maintaining security monitoring systems
- Knowledge and experience with VMware
- Maintain a strong understanding of day-to-day management, troubleshooting, backup and recovery using Veeam, as well as networking with VMware
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair basic laptop and server functionality
- Ability to prioritize multiple priorities, and time-sensitive assignments, and manage deadlines.
- Provides support to staff for understanding the operations of current technical workings as well as suggest new means of technology and data management
- Actively participates in organizational committees and meetings.
Key Aptitudes and Attitudes / Competencies / “Power Skills”
- A high level of professionalism, reliability and integrity.
- A self-starter, motivated and interested in new technology trends to advance the work of the organization and its mission
- Collegiality and team work within the organization as well as externally facing
- Unwavering ability to maintain and protect the confidentiality of sensitive or proprietary information when needed.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative where assistance and support is needed, juggling simultaneous projects and tasks with variable deadlines.
- Recommends insights that contribute to overall organizational efficiencies in finance procedures, as well as Vision implementation.
- A commitment to working cooperatively with Equal Measure staff, teams, vendors, clients, and others and adapt to differing personalities, communication styles, and work preferences
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral) and organizational skills, with strong attention to accuracy and detail. Ability to express views in clear, compelling and concise manner, both orally and in writing and to proactively provide timely feedback, problem solving and assistance when needed.
The Senior Consultant, Technology will be required to perform other duties as assigned in order to contribute to organizational and client stewardship, service, and success.
Equal Measure works with foundations, nonprofit organizations, and public entities to advance social change. Our five service lines – program design, evaluation, capacity building, technical assistance, and communications – represent different aspects of the ongoing journeys we take with clients. Through these services, we help our clients clarify program goals, support implementation, engage in learning and plan improvement, conduct mixed-method developmental evaluations, frame narratives to have the strongest impact, and share what we have learned together with the field. Our team brings together a diversity of backgrounds, with extensive experience leading evaluations of local, regional, and multi-market systems change investments in a variety of fields and sectors including education, community health, workforce development, and family economic security.