The Outcomes Coordinator, Up2Us Coach is a challenging and rewarding one-year service position (August 1, 2019 to July 31, 2020) offering valuable experience and opportunity for professional growth within the sports-based youth development field.
- Under the guidance of the Director of Youth Services, collect, record, and process data to support Starfinder’s measurements and evaluation plans.
- Prepare and implement data collection, which includes, but is not limited to: fitness tests, report cards, surveys, attendance, exit interviews, photos, etc.
- Track and record program metrics to support Starfinder in evaluating and improving, participant progress. This includes creating and managing excel spreadsheets, media files, google forms, correspondences, and other data management and messaging portals.
- Utilizing data, communicate effectively and timely with program staff and participants to ensure high quality program delivery and real-time feedback loops.
- Develop and implement recruitment strategies for various Starfinder Programs.
- Research and attend school events, soccer games, resources fairs, etc. to promote Starfinder programs in the community.
- Serve as a Coach Mentor to assigned cohort(s)
- Support and facilitate daily program activities (including: soccer and fitness, relationship building and mentorship, character development, and academic support).
- Model Starfinder’s core values and encourage participants develop a growth mindset — to connect, learn, and grow from one another. Foster the development of respect and trust of the community and youth served.
- Using techniques from Starfinder and Up2Us Sports’ trainings, encourage participants to develop and practice life readiness skills through sport.
- Mentor student-athletes. This includes group and individual meetings with mentees over the course of the program year; checking-in frequently with your mentees on their attendance, character, academic and soccer development; recording daily notes on you mentees progress.
- Complete requirements of Up2Us Coach (AmeriCorps) program as outlined in Up2Us Coach contract.
- Complete the minimum required hours of service and training by the last day of coach contract.
- Attend Up2Us Coach Training Institute (date TBD) and all other required meetings, trainings, orientations, special initiatives, and days of service.
- Submit bi-monthly reflections logs and timesheets.
- Directly support Starfinder team members in providing a high quality service to our communities and youth.
- Other duties as assigned.
Starfinder motivates and challenges children and youth from across Greater Philadelphia through after school and summer programs. We use soccer as the hook in our sports-based youth development practices that promote physical, personal, and academic growth.
We heavily invest in each Starfinder participant, surrounding them with a supportive network of mentors and coaches. We help youth navigate the path to college and careers. Our students come from Olney to Overbrook, speaking over 25 different languages, to form a collaborative community of cultural exchange centered on a universal game.
With the help of generous donors and volunteers, we’re changing the trajectory of our kids’ lives, using soccer to create social change.
Apply for this job
Please email cover letter and resume, along with the contact information for two references to: Kate Sandy: email@example.com. Please include “Starfinder Outcomes Coordinator, Up2Us Coach” in the subject line. Please no phone calls. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt, early application is highly encouraged.
Mention you found this work on Generocity!