Program & Events Coordinator
Philadelphia, PA 19127
Welcomes returning citizens
Starfinder Foundation is seeking a Program and Events Coordinator. This full-time position will act as an essential bridge between front line staff, partners, and program participants and the organization’s senior leadership. The Program and Events Coordinator’s responsibilities are to coordinate programming, events, and outreach efforts, ensure appropriate evaluation and documentation, and provide administrative and logistical support for all of Starfinder’s programs. The coordinator will participate in the organization’s broader program planning process and outreach and engagements strategies.
Coordination and Administration:
- Work with the program department leadership to coordinate all events and activities associated with program delivery and earned revenue. This includes organizing meetings/events, planning and executing workshops, conducting research, corresponding with partners, implementing outreach efforts, and managing external communications.
- Prepare and assist with implementation of data collection activities, which include but are not limited to: fitness tests, report cards, surveys, attendance, exit interviews, digital content, etc.
- Support Starfinder in evaluating and improving participant progress by managing outcome data. Create and manage excel spreadsheets, media files, google forms, and other data management systems.
- Oversee program registration and enrollment process via software (ie.RecDesk, Vertical Response and Google suite).
- Organize & coordinate monthly community service projects, college trips, and workshops for youth participants to participate, including maintaining existing relationships and developing new partnerships and service opportunities.
- Coordinate schedule program and social business schedule, including: coach meetings, program activities, staffing, and facility rentals/events.
- Act as the main point of contact for programs and facility rentals, respond to inquiries about Starfinder programs and facility rentals.
- Communicate with coaches, partners, participants, customers, and the general public about Starfinder activities.
- Strengthen brand recognition for Starfinder by supporting digital marketing through the organization’s website, and generate content for online, print, and social media.
- Oversee the creation, collection, organization, and storage of program and event multi-media documentation (photos, videos, etc.).
- Develop and implement community outreach and marketing strategies
- Research and attend partner, community, and school events throughout the region to promote Starfinder programs in the community.
- Proactively identify and implement new opportunities for partnerships to help Starfinder reach new audiences
Is it you?
- Your nickname is chameleon–you adapt to changing circumstances and do so beautifully.
- If raising the bar was a board game, you’d dominate game night!
- You’ve never met a stranger, and thrive on engaging with all kinds of people.
- You are a whiz at Escape Rooms–your problem solving skills always gets you the team captain spot!
- You’re a natural cheerleader!
- You are always prepared with a first aid kit, duct tape or sewing kit, because you can’t help yourself from being resourceful.
- You believe that ALL kids deserve to learn, grow and thrive!
If all of those things are true, and you are:
- Passionate about Starfinder’s mission, and have enthusiasm for sports-based youth development
- Self-driven; take initiative, follow-through, and meet deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and Google Suite
- Experienced in data management
- Someone with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Focused on improving efficiency without compromising quality
- Able to successfully work with a team and have excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Flexible, solutions-orientated, and eager to learn
- Able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
Then you should apply today!
Other relevant skills:
- Previous experience working with youth in diverse communities
- Fluency in multiple languages a plus
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Successful completion of background screening (criminal, child abuse, and FBI clearance)
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience
Position includes medical and dental benefits, holidays, paid time-off, and 403(b) participation
About the Organization: Starfinder is an award winning, internationally recognized nonprofit organization that promotes positive youth development through high-quality youth sports programming. We use soccer as a framework to provide the opportunity and support youth need to be healthy contributors to their communities. We offer young people an experience through which they can excel in athletics, while practicing life and leadership skills in a safe, fun, supportive, and challenging environment.
Starfinder offers program opportunities to elementary, middle, and high school youth. At Starfinder, we believe in the power of play. Fun is a great emotional motivator and can be a useful tool for learning. We are dedicated to creating a culture that provides an opportunity to connect, learn, and grow from one another. We live our core values by modeling each value through our work and putting our best self forward for others to see. For more information, visit starfinderfoundation.org.
Apply for this job
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt, early application is highly encouraged. Please include cover letter with resume.
Starfinder's mission requires that our staff interact with and understand a broad array of cultures and backgrounds. We value having a talented team that reflects the population we serve, who come from diverse backgrounds and traditions, and who vary by race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, culture, religion, and abilities. We encourage individuals to apply who will contribute to a positive, inclusive, participatory learning environment and will help reinforce an atmosphere of mutual respect.
The Starfinder Foundation believes in and is firmly committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants. Its policies conform to federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, disability, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information, liability for military service, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local laws. This commitment applies to all aspects of Starfinder’s employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promotion.
Mention you found this work on Generocity!