The Arts + Business Council, as a Council of The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia, supports individuals and institutions in finding and growing their creative advantage. ABC strengthens our creative sector, including arts, culture and for-profit creative businesses, by engaging the business legal and technology communities, providing capacity building services and serving as a thought leader and convener. With the support of The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia, ABC is uniquely positioned to actively support a vibrant creative economy.
Primary Position Purpose
The Programs Manager, Creative & Innovative Businesses, oversees ABC’s work to inform and inspire the Philadelphia business community through events and leadership development programs. The Programs Manager spearheads and produces ABC’s CreativeXChange program and Defining Innovation speaker series, and is a critical part of ABC’s other programs such as its annual awards program. A key component of this role includes building and maintaining ABC’s reputation in both the arts and business communities through outreach and partnerships.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead planning, program design and execution of CreativeXChange and Defining Innovation Speaker Series
• Identify speakers, content and themes for Defining Innovation Speaker Series
• Recruit and engage CreativeXChange program faculty, speakers and volunteers, deliver content where appropriate, lead course design and development, goal-setting, program improvement and evaluation
• Recruit CreativeXChange program participants by engaging alumni and community stakeholders; design and execute plan to highlight program participants
• Collaborate with Executive Director (E.D.) on events highlighting arts intersection with business community in Philadelphia
• Ensure diversity (in every sense of the word) and inclusiveness in all programs, from faculty to participants
• Manage data reporting for programs, continuously improving them to meet participants’ standards
• Ensure programs meet budgetary targets
• Partner with Programs & Events team on logistics and overall production of programs
• Partner with Marketing & Creative Services teams to build awareness of and drive participation in programs
• Support E.D. in annual awards program
• Assist E.D. in fundraising activities for the organization, including preparing presentations for investor meetings
• Manage and maintain relationships with a group of program sponsors and investors
• Assist in maintaining current and accurate information in databases and client management systems
• Support E.D. in preparing and presenting information for Management Team and Advisory Board meetings
• Other duties as assigned by E.D.
Job Specifications & Requirements
The ideal candidate with an energetic self-starter motivated by ABC’s mission of supporting a strong and vibrant creative economy. Excellent oral and written communications skills are required.
We seek candidates with the following:
• At least 5 years professional experience leading programs
• Experience in managing direct reports
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Orientation toward external outreach and engagement
• Strong knowledge of extensive use of Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of and experience with Salesforce a plus.
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability and willingness to work non-traditional working hours when required to support programs and events
Working at the Chamber:
The Chamber provides all the benefits of working for a mid-size business combined with the values and mission focus of a nonprofit. As part of a leading organization in the region’s business community, team members have access to a wide array of resources, connections and opportunities throughout their career with the Chamber. With 85+ employees, the Chamber is right-sized for new team members to have the support of their talented colleagues, opportunities to lead and room for personal and professional growth. The Chamber offers its employees a dynamic, fast-paced environment with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands
On a standard workday, the majority of time is spent sitting at a desk, using the computer and interacting with colleagues in internal meetings. However, on a regular basis, this role will be required to attend ABC events or related outside meetings that may take place outside of regular business hours and outside of Center City Philadelphia.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, persuasive writing sample of a minimum of 2 paragraphs written within the last year and the names/contact info of three professional references to upload with the application. Applications that fail to fulfill this requirement will not be considered. Apply to: http://chmbr.biz/jigfpwglfw
The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to building a culturally diverse staff. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia (The Chamber) brings area businesses and civic leaders together to promote growth and create opportunity in our region. Our members represent eleven counties, three states, and roughly 600,000 employees from thousands of member companies and organizations. By bringing all kinds of businesses and leaders to the table — the new, the established, the big, the small, the growing, the thriving, the perennial, the innovative, and the experimental — we build community and find commonalities among us all.
We advocate for regional development, business-friendly public policies, and economic prosperity. We support our members with practical, inspiring programs, resources, and events. And all that we do serves one clear, bold goal: to make Greater Philadelphia a great place for good business.
New jobs. Your inbox. Every week. Get it.