Posted on January 22, 2019
Manager of Facility Rental and Group Sales
321 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia PA 19106
The Facility Rental & Group Sales Manager is a key revenue generator for the Museum. The Manager actively prospects for, solicits, and sells 1) our rental space for all kinds of events and 2) group tour packages. The focus of this sales position is to meet and exceed annual revenue and visitation goals for rental of our facility and sales of group tour visits, maintaining our Museum at capacity year round. Competitive salary coupled with bonus structure for exceeding sales goals.
Chief Development Officer
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline coupled with 5+ years of facility rental, group sales or related sales experience in corporate, hospitality, venue, or arts and culture settings.
- Demonstrated success in identifying leads and meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- A skilled and charismatic professional, possessing excellent communication, organizational, and technological skills.
- A savvy negotiator who can quickly identify and assess the potential of a lead to become a rental customer, training client and/or institutional supporter.
- Local knowledge of the Philadelphia business community. Is out and about in the community and has developed an extensive network.
- Sells the Museum’s rental space and group tour packages by establishing and maintaining relationships with existing and potential clients.
- Develops business plans to secure new clients from various segments including: corporate; weddings; social; conventions; tour operators; educational; religious.
- Designs and implements sales strategies to prospect and attract new business; conducts ongoing research to identify new clients, and does phone/email outreach to warm and cold prospects to build pipeline.
- Networks with local, regional and national organizations using cold calls, correspondence, meetings and presentations in order to solicit business. Regarding group sales, the Manager will establish excellent relationships with the local Visit Philadelphia, PHLCVB, bus associations and concierge organizations to build the Museum’s brand as a tourist destination and meet our attendance and admission goals.
- Provides facility tours and negotiates contracts with potential clients.
- Collaborates with Development on sales leads that can become institutional supporters, and vice versa; works cross-departmentally with Education and Operations, etc. to coordinate special events and trainings as needed.
- Generates reports on a regular basis which indicate contacts, projections and sales results.
- Uses Altru fundraising database to record all actions, and query internal reports and mailing lists.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Due to the nature of this position, applicants must be available during non-traditional hours as needed for booked events/trainings, including some nights and weekends.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced sales professional to join our friendly and passionate team at the National Liberty Museum (http://www.libertymuseum.org). Located in the heart of America’s birthplace in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the NLM brings liberty to life through stories of people whose character and courage have expanded liberty for all. The Museum’s exhibits, educational experiences, and public programs inspire visitors to think about liberty as an ongoing human quest that we all share. Our facility offers a unique and beautiful setting in historic Philadelphia for all kinds of events and group tours. Just opened is our newly designed and constructed Chihuly Flame Gallery space that offers a spectacular event and program venue never before seen in our city.
Apply for this job
We are now interviewing and will continue to do so until we find the ideal candidate. Interested applicants are asked to please forward your 1) resume and 2) cover letter to email@example.com. We regret we may not be able to respond to all applications. No phone calls, please.
All the best to you on your search!
Mention you found this work on Generocity!