Development / Fundraising
Welcomes returning citizens
Role Summary: The Managing Director, Corporate Partnerships manages a team of eight Giving Officers and Associates responsible for raising $31 million+ annually. S/he develops and implements fundraising strategies and tactics for soliciting and stewarding corporate and individual workplace gifts, builds relationships to maximize support from volunteers, companies, and individual donors and is responsible for maintaining and stewarding several of United Way’s key workplace accounts. As a leader of the unit, the individual provides direction and evaluation of staff in support of departmental and organizational goals and provides motivation and support to the team.
Overview of Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
◾Lead team of approximately eight employees
◾Hold staff accountable for goal setting and execution
Direct all aspects of workplace campaign fundraising, including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
◾Develop and implement strategies designed to build relationships to maximize financial support
◾Generate corporate contributions, sponsorship, employee campaign contributions and major/leadership gifts from employees
Responsible for portfolio of workplace accounts and an individual associated fundraising goal – leading up to the overall team and organizational goal
◾ Identify, cultivate, and secure support from new corporate partners and workplace-based individuals
◾Manage Giving Officer responsible for corporate volunteerism strategy and execution
◾Build and maintain positive relationships with volunteers
◾Work closely with Board of Directors
Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of United Way’s offering to the community to be a brand ambassador and be able to clearly articulate:
◾UWGPSNJ vision, mission, and strategic priorities
◾UWGPSNJ Mission Delivery agenda and priorities
◾Volunteer engagement opportunities and mobilization efforts as applicable
Information and process management, including managing financial data and donor information using ANDAR database
Other non-essential functions, responsibilities or duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience preferred
• Prior United Way workplace campaign or Corporate Social Responsibility experience preferred
• Proven fundraising success required, a minimum of five to seven years of experience, including managerial experience
• Proven ability to create and maintain relationships with donors and volunteers
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
• Able to develop and execute new initiatives while managing and building existing portfolio. Able to manage ambiguity and lead change
• Excellent relationship/customer service skills to work collaboratively and collegially with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders
• Detail oriented, organized, timely, dependable and collegial
• Demonstrates required core competencies in accordance with the UWW & UWGPSNJ Competency Framework (Donor Centric, Mission-Focused, Relationship Oriented, Collaborator, Results-Driven, Brand Steward)
• Proficient with Microsoft Office skills and experience with relational databases
• Valid drivers license & insurance and/or reliable transportation required for out-of-office travel as required by the position
Other or Additional Notes on Functional Competencies Include:
• Effective fundraising – donor focused and results-driven with a relentless focus on gaining financial resources to support UWGPSNJ’s vision, mission, and strategic priorities.
• Strategic relationship management – develops and maintains strategic relationships that generate the financial resources to support UWGPSNJ. Builds trust and donor commitment to UWGPSNJ
• Entrepreneurial and innovative – creatively seeks new opportunities to generate revenue and other resources that provide additional value to the organization.
• Contribute to the product development process, able to assess donor’s interest, and accurately convey those to a cross-functional team. Includes strong strategic thinking, and problem-solving capabilities.
• Volunteer Management – builds organizational capacity through volunteer collaboration and to develop high-impact, meaningful volunteer opportunities that increase revenue and Mission Delivery outcomes
United Way of Greater Philadelphia & Southern New Jersey’s mission is to end intergenerational poverty in our region by harnessing, leveraging and strategically investing the collective power of donors, advocates and volunteers, to help individuals and families break the cycle of poverty.
New jobs. Your inbox. Every week. Get it.