Are you a partnerships / fundraising / sales leader interested in giving back to Philadelphia? Are you passionate about inclusive innovation, startups, and entrepreneurship? Do you approach challenges with a can-do attitude? We are looking for a results-oriented, proactive communicator, to be the face of Venture For America in Philadelphia.
As the Director of Philadelphia, you will be responsible for all VFA regional operations in the city. You will increase local funding, support our Fellows in their professional journeys, and execute new strategic initiatives for the organization.
- Establish relationships with current VFA funders and secure new funding for the organization, raising $500,0000 annually
- Establish a local Advisory Board and recruit new, diverse members to help determine VFA’s strategic direction
Company Partnerships (25%)
- Meet with 80+ startup leaders annually to identify, vet, and onboard
- Company Partners to hire VFA Fellows, with a focus on increasing the number of female- and minority-founded company partners
- Work directly with incoming VFA Fellows to identify ideal roles based on their skills and industry interests
Programs and Fellow Support (25%)
- Meet regularly with Fellows and serve as a sounding board in their career progression
- Organize monthly (or more frequent) events for Fellows including speaker series and community-building exercises
- Execute and innovate local programming for Fellows
- Contribute actively to an exceptional team of high-performing Community Directors working towards similar goals across the country
- Participate in VFA’s recruitment and selection process, support VFA’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives, and assist with at least one week of our Training Camp, as is expected of all VFA Team Members